Scamo's Traktor S4 FX Jogs Xtreme Mapping - 5.1.0 Beta - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Im loading with shift load when deck is stopped and only happens in deck B. Thanks Scamo

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Ok, I haven't been on my S4 since the initial 30 minutes the day before yesterday, but I've been reading a lot and I've decided I am going to see if I can integrate the following new functions into my mapping.

• 11 new "MacroFX" single-knob combination effects (obviously need to add these.)
      -thinking about adding these to the second layer of possible effects modes (i.e. shift + jog press = second layer) and only one per mode.
    • "Flux Mode" retains song position during HotCues, Beatjumps, Loops etc.
      -not sure what button or group of buttons (i.e. shift + some button) to use here. Any ideas?
    • Post-Fader mode for FX Units
      -I'd love to be able to toggle this somehow, but I am not even sure it is controllable with a mapping. Need to check. But if it is, where to put it? Or is it already controllable. Need to check
    • New gain system with independent Channel Gain knobs and Auto-Gain knobs
      -not sure what an autogain knob is supposed to be, but since my mapping overrides the gain knobs, I will definitely see if I can do this with the override function and still integrate this new function too.
    • New "Z ISO" EQ and "Z" filter models as featured on Z2 mixer
      -I doub't it is possible, but wouldn't it be cool, if you could switch the type of EQ on the fly without entering the Preferences window?
    • New "QuickSnap" behavior for the EQ and Filter controls
      -thinking on how to actually make an effect mode with this. Could be interesting?

What do you think?

scamo
    Hey scamo, I am excited to see this new mapping, keep up the good work. The mapping looks really good!

And yes, you have to "prime" the effect modes. I forgot to mention that above. No way to get around this, as it is an issue with Tracktor's effect switching. But, with my MPB and a fairly fast latency, I can still press the jog quickly to prime the effect mode and not interrupt the music any. It also sort of gives you a visual feedback as to what mode is selected, once you do the priming. Just be careful in mode 2 with "priming" more than once. It will launch the TTFX.
    I use a button to increment Modifiers for switching FX Modes, instead of a knob, and I was having the same issue. My solution was to move the Effects Selector commands to this button. Now when I increment the Modifiers, the FX selections change too, and they turn on with the first press of the activating button.

In order for it to work, when you're mapping the Effect Selector, you have to set Fader/Knob to "invert" first, and then change the type of controller to Button as normal.

One possible downside is that you can't switch instantly from one active FX Mode to another, because as soon as you start incrementing the Modifier, you will lose any active FX.

I don't know if you can do this with a knob, but I thought you might be interested.

Awesome mapping by the way. And thanks for all the videos!

Tech Student

Thumbs up

To turn off the TTFX you just have to delete those mapping commands for Mode 2. Go into the Controller Manager, open my mapping and sort the comments column. Then look for Mode 2 and try to find the commands applied to effect units 3 and 4 and simply delete the commands for those units.

scamo
    sweet thanks i will have a look through the mapping and see if i can get it to be the way i want it
    oh one i thing ive noticed dont know wether its because of this mapping or something else but when i use hot cues it also changes my normal cue point so basically i have to remove 1 cue point so i can have it saved as the start of a track if you get what i mean... is there a button somewhere to change this?? sorry im still really new to this only got traktor and an s4 a week ago ish and used to mixing on vinyl so kinda a big change up!

but yeah thanks for an awesome mapping

Tech Wizard

Hey Scamo,

quick question what did u mean when u wrote for Army of me's effect that you can use incremental mode where u dont have to use the job wheel?

Dont i need the file for controller editor?

@Dj DoUg - if you press shift and the jog when in mode 8, then you "prime" the effect and have to turn the jog and not press the platter to adjust the effect. Press the jog though again, and you are back to the regular "one-shot" mode.

@easygoeshard - The mapping (the file) is in the first post of this thread.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

[QUOTE=scamo;549461]@Dj DoUg - if you press shift and the jog when in mode 8, then you "prime" the effect and have to turn the jog and not press the platter to adjust the effect. Press the jog though again, and you are back to the regular "one-shot" mode.

thanks scamo!!

Default Can't download!!

Don't understand what is going on when i download the link it changes from .tsi to .tsi.xml

What am i doing wrong?

I've now sorted the download but now when I move the jog wheel only one of three parameters moves just wondering if I've done anything wrong.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast