Anyone ever use a custom design company to design and fabricate a road case?
    Banned

Default Anyone ever use a custom design company to design and fabricate a road case?

As the thread says, looking into getting a custom flight case made to carry all my gear and laptop so set up is quick and easy it's protected.

http://www.phillycase.com/

Funny thing is I used to live and have a studio above this company's factory in Philadelphia a couple years ago... Anyway, they make great stuff and have so many options. Very customizable.

I'm looking into buying a custom case as well, but haven't decided yet on which way to go.
    Would love to have a custom stand for mixer, controllers and Laptop- but don't know if this is possible or if it would be any good.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    http://www.phillycase.com/

Funny thing is I used to live and have a studio above this company's factory in Philadelphia a couple years ago... Anyway, they make great stuff and have so many options. Very customizable.
    Good looking out brother man, will be getting in touch with these chaps

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Good looking out brother man, will be getting in touch with these chaps
    They make stuff for all the big named bands and companies, and they make all kids of custom fitted stuff. these guys really know what they are doing. very nice quality stuff.

Tech Student

i got tired of backpacking my gear and looking for places to setup on top of cdj's and turntables so i made my own out of a guitar flight case. i gutted the foam inside and replaced it with my own, then cut it out to fit my vci-300, korg kp3, 13" macbook and a powerstrip. then i spraypainted the foam red, notched out holes for the headphone jack and power cord and removed the hinges on the back of the case, replacing them with clasp locks. here's some of the pics, although i dont have pics in it's completion up yet:

Since i'm switching to a new controller in march (xone:dx, yay!) i'll be selling the vci-300, kp3 and the flight case if anyone's interested. keep your eyes peeled.