Traktor Mapping Mapped to Function!

Default Traktor Mapping Mapped to Function!

Hi All,

If i look at the map for my controller and take a button example:
    Assignment will be:
    Control I/O Assignment Mode Mapped To
    Loop Size + Set In Deck B Direct Ch01.Note.B0

The first part is fine but: does mapped to a Ch01.Note.B0 have a specific reason that it can only be to that note for a reason.

In other words: Do those note mapped hold a specific vale that won't work if I mapped it to let's say Ch02.Note.A1

What changes for me to get and output signal or an led light on/off.

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks

Tech Mentor

Every button, knob, slider, jogwheel and LED has it's own specific midi CC or Note value on the controller that only relates to 1 specific button, knob, slider, jogwheel or LED programmed into the hardware of the controller.
    U can find the input values (controller to computer) by simply using the add in option in Taktor's controller manager, clicking Learn and pressing/moving the button/knob etc and the info will appear in the box Or by looking it up in the manual (p14 of the BCD3000 manual).
    Output values (computer to controller) for the LEDs are different and you'll need to look them up in the manual usually (p15)

So for example every time u press the play button on the left deck on the BCD it will always send the same message (Ch01 Note F#0) from the controller to the computer.
    If u wanted the LED on the play button to light up then u will need to send the correct midi message to the controller from the computer for that specific LED (Ch01 CC18) with the correct midi control data (63 or less is off and 64 or over is on).
    Which then means that if u want the LED on the play button to light when u press the play button u need to add a line in the controller manager for the input and map the play button (Ch01 Note F#0) to the play function, And add another line in the controller manager for the output and map the LED (Ch01 CC18) to the play function aswell with a controller range 0 - 1 (for the 2 states, playing and not playing) with the midi range 0 - 127 (altho 63 - 64 would be OK)

Of coarse you don't have to use the play button for the play function, u can map it to whatever u want (I use mine for loading whichever track is highlighted in the browser into deck A) and it can be mapped again with modifiers to do multiple functions depending on the modifier state. A word of warning tho, multiple modifier LEDs can be a nightmare to map

I hope that's what you're asking m8

P.S. I'd stick with the BCD for now btw, it's a good unit to learn on imo and switching controllers after only a few weeks would be a waste unless you can get back all the cash u paid for the BCD to put towards something new.

Hippie,

Thanks you gave me just what I needed.
    Was just busy today on that.
    Thanks.