Super confused

Thread: Super confused

Tech Wizard

Default Super confused

Ok so I bought my Vestax 100 and an traktor pro. Installation worked fine untill reaching to the controller panel section. I seriously have no idea what is this and what should I do. I saw some videos where Ean is demonstrating different mappings but all of the mappings simply dont work with my vestax. In preferences my divice shows me all the time "generic keyboard" not vestax. I cant use any effects and play button works as SYNC when I used some of you mappings.

I know there is no problem with my vestax or computer but i need to know the mapping I should be using. What is the difference between dj tech tools mapping and the default mappings included with vestax. I use 03_TR-Vestax - VCI-100.tsi and it allows me to do some basic things like play button (of course)
    Vinyl mode works. Effects are not working at all... I didnt realize this could be so hard but any advice for a super beginner would be cool. Eans videos are great but in my case I really need a step by step advice to gt this thing working properly. My important question is, what is a mapping and what are the differences?

Open Preferences, select Controller Mapping, from the drop down menu choose VCI, then for both the in and out port set to Vestax. Don't worry about the Generic Keyboard being at the top of the list, it just means it was the first one added and changes nothing.

Let us know if this fixes your issue.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

And if you're confused that certain buttons don't act as labelled, thats because with a midi controller, you can set any button, knob or fader, to pretty much any action.

Ean does sell overlays if you want to use his mappings, so that the buttons are correctly labelled, or you can find a mapping thats designed more closely to work with the original labelling on the unit.

Check out my moonified mapping thread (v2.2 is the best) and see what you think.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com