Customising the DJTT mapping

Default Customising the DJTT mapping

Hey all,

Been using the 3.5.1 mapping for a while now and have started to think about ways of customising it to suit my specific workflow, and to complement my mpd18 mapping.

Among a couple of other changes, I'd really love to switch to the 4 xone eq's, move the filters to the gains, and move the gains to the pitch faders (they're too inaccurate for me, and I grid everything anyway)- I've read somewhere though that the filters are somehow related to the 1.3 firmware?

Either way, whenever I head into the mapping to tinker, I get put off pretty quickly, largely because there are a bucket load of modifiers which I just don't understand, and largely because Traktor's editor is so frustrating to use and the thought of spending weeks troubleshooting is too daunting for me.

Anyway, for those of you more knowledgeable in such things, am I getting put off too quickly? Is it easier to gain an understanding of what is taking place in the mapping, or are my first impressions correct, and this mapping really is quite intricate and complex?

Have many people made their own customisations to the DJTT mapping with ease?

Tech Guru

the main thing i want to customize is to quite simple: add soft takeover to the gain, since i use auto gain.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music