Routing Ableton through Traktor in a deck
    Tech Convert

Default Routing Ableton through Traktor in a deck

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a way to have Ableton play through Traktor via a deck in tracktor? My plan is to have Traktor running in the background, and fire off either one shot samples or loops and stuff. The main reason I want to do this, and not what I've seen in videos and here on DJTT is that I want to use the mixer/faders and the ability to use the effects on top of Ableton.

I'm sure that once the new Traktor comes out, I'll ditch Ableton set up, but I'm real eager to know if this is possible.

Banned

So you want to be mixing in Traktor on deck A and B if you will, and then have the audio from Ableton routed through deck C or D, right?

It is possible, was trying to figure out how to do this myself and this is what I came across. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet but it should work.

Just take the outputs from Ableton into one of your available inputs on your Traktor interface, make sure it's routed properly. Then click on the deck "letter" if you will, and set it up to Audio Through I believe.

No you should have the Audio from Ableton playing through the deck and you should be able to manipulate it with the FX and EQs now.

Tech Convert

I haven't really done much with Ableton, how do you get the outputs from Ableton? Should I be using ASIO4ALL?

But I see how it's done in Traktor, thanks!

Banned

Are you running two separate laptops?

Tech Convert

Nah, just one.

Banned

Oh, well that's beyond me then, thought you were running two separate laptops. Do a search on the main page, they did an article or two about how to do it sometime ago and all the software you need and how to route it

Tech Wizard

I've had limited experience with this as I've only pulled this off using and external soundcard. However if you don't have an external soundcard, then you'd have to use an internal program that can route audio from one program into another. A piece of software that let's you do that is called Soundflower. Main outputs can go out from Live to Soundflower then go to Traktor on any available deck and set that deck to play Audio Through. I haven't done this but it should technically work.

Keep in mind when dealing with sound in this situation, you won't be automatically synced, nor will you be able to use Traktor's effects on the audio coming through.

Alternatively, if you do have an external soundcard handy, you can route Ableton to one output, loop it back in an input, set that input to an available deck in Traktor, then set the master out to another output on your external soundcard. This I know for sure is possible cause then you're not dealing with any internal third-party program to do your work.

Still with any of these setups, you really need to be careful of the audio latency and you really need to be aware of your syncing (if you're into having things in sync that is)
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic