Finding New Music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finding New Music

Just downloaded soundcloud for mac and am not following anyone but it's seems like a good idea just to follow people and just leave music on to see if i hear anything popping out. Any tips for people to follow on soundcloud? or hypem?

Does anyone use twitter to find new tunes or do you usually just browse around?

Was watching an interview with A Trak and he said quite rightly he'd rather see someone be original with 12 tracks instead of just filling their hard drive with as much music as they can get their hands on so i'm going to try and conserve what i download so i know whats on my computer and it's all good quality.
    MBP 13" | M-Audio Oxygen 49 | Launchpad | TSP | NanoKontrol | LPD8

Soundcloud | YouTube | Blog

Free iStuff | UK Cashback

Blogs. click the red bit in my sig. theres a section on finding new music.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Gotta Dance Dirty. Music Ninja (hes been slacking lately IMHO). Stoney Roads.

Step one: Listen around to find new tunes
    step two: ?????
    Step three: Profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Beatport.com is probably the best... That and Soundcloud, Twitter, YouTube. Also blogs are really helpful (my sig).
    ElectroJams: Electronic Music Blog

Macbook Pro 17", Traktor Pro, Numark Mixtrack

beatport is only good for finding music if you wanna be playing music that everyone else is.

my advice is just KEEP LOOKING, the more you do it the better you get at finding what your looking for.

Banned

Just dig and dig, not much more to it. You'll end up listening to tons and tons of crap, but when you find those gems it's worth it.

There's no quick and easy way to go about it. Sure you'll find some staple artists and labels, but you should never stop digging otherwise you'll become stagnant.

As for good artists on soundcloud,

http://soundcloud.com/nephew

Sorry, couldn't resist. = p

Wanted to add Pandora.com and last.fm... I have found a lot of artists through their radio and recommendations features...
    ElectroJams: Electronic Music Blog

Macbook Pro 17", Traktor Pro, Numark Mixtrack

Tech Guru

ive said it before, ill say it again.

blogs half the time are handing out music they didnt get permission to do so with. YES this includes gdd

i really dont think we should be posting about this here. edm artists already dont make shit for what they do half the time.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    ive said it before, ill say it again.

blogs half the time are handing out music they didnt get permission to do so with. YES this includes gdd

i really dont think we should be posting about this here. edm artists already dont make shit for what they do half the time.
    ill tell you tho, if i hear something i like on GDD, i tend to download it or other tracks from that artist from beatport, juno, wherever i can find it. so IMO blogs are fantastic because just as following artists on beatport, soundcloud, in a random pandora mix (GOD I LOVE PANDORA, especially ato work) or what have you, i found that alot of the things on sites like GDD are right up my alley, so its kinda like the other more "conventional ways" of finding music like looking at other artists on a label, but more with other artists with simmilar sounds.

as long as you pay for it in the end, its all good, so whats the harm with previewing the track first before you buy it? cause chances are if you dont like it youre not gonna waste your HD space on it to keep it "just because it was on a music blog and its free"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

i use http://danse-pour-tous.tumblr.com in addition to the already mentioned blogs
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast