APC 40 and nativeKONTROL

Default APC 40 and nativeKONTROL

Hey!

does anyone have the apc 40 and NativeKONTROL? i was thinking about maybe picking up the nativeKONTROL package but wanted some real life reviews from people who use it first before i shell out the cash for it.

what do you like/dont like?

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    Hey!

does anyone have the apc 40 and NativeKONTROL? i was thinking about maybe picking up the nativeKONTROL package but wanted some real life reviews from people who use it first before i shell out the cash for it.

what do you like/dont like?

Thanks guys!
    *Raises Hand*

I do.

I recently updated to the version 3 package, but the main benefit for me in using is it the navigation abilities around the app on the apc-40 itself. I haven't messed around too much with the more instrument specific duties it can handle like musical scaling/keyboard or the drum pads with velocity modifiers.

It's a nice alternative to have onboard apc navigation functionality.

The videos do a nice job of explaining the features, but having the features on hand and trying out itself has certainly made me think more than once, 'this is pretty friggin' awesome'.

Stray has done a great job programming the presets and is open and responsive to support questions on the forum.

He even implemented a request I had suggested, which was make the maximum level height of the channel faders max out in Live at 0 db instead of 6 db.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

"He even implemented a request I had suggested, which was make the maximum level height of the channel faders max out in Live at 0 db instead of 6 db. "

Nice one....

That used to irritate me badly when i was mucking about with Ableton and my APC40.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post
    *Raises Hand*

I do.

I recently updated to the version 3 package, but the main benefit for me in using is it the navigation abilities around the app on the apc-40 itself. I haven't messed around too much with the more instrument specific duties it can handle like musical scaling/keyboard or the drum pads with velocity modifiers.

It's a nice alternative to have onboard apc navigation functionality.

The videos do a nice job of explaining the features, but having the features on hand and trying out itself has certainly made me think more than once, 'this is pretty friggin' awesome'.

Stray has done a great job programming the presets and is open and responsive to support questions on the forum.

He even implemented a request I had suggested, which was make the maximum level height of the channel faders max out in Live at 0 db instead of 6 db.

so its worth it? cause ive noticed since i got teh apc, ive "grasped" ableton a whole lot better. (all the digital knobs and shit are too much for me, i need something physical) and it seems like this would take it to a whole new level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    so its worth it? cause ive noticed since i got teh apc, ive "grasped" ableton a whole lot better. (all the digital knobs and shit are too much for me, i need something physical) and it seems like this would take it to a whole new level.
    Sure, for me it is anyway. But like most things, you need to Practice. Get familiar and memorize these Presets that NativeKONTROL offers you to benefit from the FULL POTENTIAL it will offer you. Once it becomes second nature, and it hasn't completely for me yet as I continue to have the manual open while Live is running, you'll just fly through the app on the APC-40 with all those real knobs, buttons and faders.

With all the controllers out there (midi fighters, vci-100s, nano pads, touch osc apps), there are tons of functions are heads need to keep track of. Practice rinse and repeat will help commit to memory.

All sales are final, but, I think with the Support Stray has and other enthusiastic forum members there are always willing to help if you have an issue or bug. If you are going to get deep into Live, it's been a worth while investment and not that huge of one either. Cheaper than adding Max For Live, that's for sure (different beast though, I know).
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates