Do you gig out with Pro on a laptop (not mac) ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you gig out with Pro on a laptop (not mac) ???

Hi all,

I am really worried about purchasing a laptop for Traktor then it not working to well. So hopefully this question will get ame a good idea of which none mac laptops are worth looking at. (Can't afford a mac )

Do you gig out successfully with a laptop (not mac) ? If so what laptop is it you use and the spec?

Cheers all
    Gav

I'm afraid to seriously. It's really buggy for me... but it seems others have had more luck I guess...

I don't want to gig out but i guess if i can find people with a laptop that they do gig out with its definately worth a look in as i'm not (fingers crossed) going to have any issues with it.

I use an asus c90, with xp sp3 on it, works flawless with Traktor Pro and worked just as gr8 with traktor 3, the original idea to why i got it was that i have some plan long into the future to vj, but thats a bit on ice atm, its way more fun with 4 decks in Traktor Pro imo, but the c90 has an desktop processor in it, and with 4 decks runnin and efx the cpumeter is flickering at the second tick, sometimes so yes it pwns

and I have been using Traktor Pro since release, had it the same morning, and tested for a few hours, and giged out with it the same night
    Last edited by other1; 01-27-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

i take it thats quite an old laptop now to as i cant seem to find one for sale anywhere, is there a modern day equivelant ?

Jack Bastard

I've been gigging with Pro since 1.0.2 came out. I use a Dell Inspiron 9400, NI AudioKontrol and VCI100SE. No crashes or issues to report.

I'm playing a gig on the biggest rig I've ever played on this weekend (a quadraphonic Noise Control PA).

Thoroughly looking forward to giving the new 1.6 tsi a workout.

its not THAT old, it actualy came with vista on it, but Vista is no good for any audio pro use imo so i remade it with xpsp3, and I actualy dont know if there is a newer version of it, but I was thinkin of getting an SSD to put in it to make it even more gig safe
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Ahhhh I see ... It seems to not be on sale anywhere though sounds like a cool laptop to as its easily upgradeable

you just need a clean install of windows XP and some performance headroom.

I use an Asus F3SC which is an older model (by old i mean they don't make it anymore)
    its a 2GHz core2duo, 2GB ram, 160GB HDD, nvidia 8600M 128MB Graphics.

Just use XP, keep your OS clean by not installing any other crap and disable all the stuff in windows you dont need. In my add/remove programs on my laptop there is less than 10 items installed, including the BCD3000 driver/control panel, traktor pro, traktor 3.3 and Winamp (for going through tunes when i'm not mixing).

I did 2 X 4Hr bedroom sessions on the weekend with traktor pro, and a heap of house party gigs 2hrs+ with traktor 3.3. It's not that hard to run a stable windows xp laptop for traktor. You don't even need to keep windows updated... mine is Service Pack 2 updated May 2007.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Ok so my girlfriend is trying to get a netbook and at present owns this laptop ....

http://www.cheaplaptops.org.uk/20080...g-of-over-100/

Is it upto the job of running traktor pro do you think if i clean it off, stick xp pro on it etc etc ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast