Midi controller with Similar Feel to CDJ's???
    Tech Convert

Default Midi controller with Similar Feel to CDJ's???

gday guys!

im starting to dj in clubs, and they only use cdj's there. im not really willing on spending the money on two mk3's, but i really want something that will give me a similar feel as a mk3... what midi controller will give me that... I.e... if you had a lets say novation nio audio interface and a vci-100, when you tap the cue button would the latency be similar to a cdj 1000? ok probably a really dumb question sorry! and in terms of mixing, would you be in a bad habit if you had a vci-100 at home, then went to a club with cdj's? what is some good alternatives? if not ill probably just spend my money on 800's... thanks!

with the vci you get pretty responsive cue buttons, if you have the right soundcard and a good computer
    but the problem is that the buttons are much smaller than on a cdj....
    i don't think there's any controller out there which has that type of feel...

Tech Guru

I played a large venue this weekend and used CDJ's with torq. I own a vci 100 and dont think it is as reponsive as a cdj....those things lock in tight!

Tech Convert

ah thats sad to here, so practising on a vci-100 with a good turntable is a lot different?

I can drop a track in with a VCI-100 using the cue play no problems, in fact i do this all the time with cue point juggling, most of the latency is not from your midi device its from your soundcard.

Also a VCI-100 using decent software will beat hands down ANY cd deck on the market without even using a 10nth of its potential so what to buy is really a no-brainer.

If you are after midi jogs that feel like real vinyl, you might want to wait for some turntables coming onto the market in the near future like the Stanton SC system or the Vestax motorised 7" midi turntable.