Is my crowd stupid? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

People frequently ask me if I'm remixing all the songs I play as I play them. If I could remix that many songs on the fly in a one hour set I would be filthy rich
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

I think it is wrong to catagorise your crowd as dumb! or catagorise and label any fellow human being for that matter.

Have you walked a mile in their shoes?
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    I think it is wrong to catagorise your crowd as dumb! or catagorise and label any fellow human being for that matter.

DEEP MAN, DEEP.

Tech Mentor

whoa whoa whao... 2 things:
    1. People ARE dumb. they become dumb right at the moment when they ask me if I can play songs from youtube and
    2. The whole reason I am up here DJing is so that If I was actually was in "their shoes"... I'd be dancing my ass off

Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    People ARE dumb. they become dumb right at the moment when they ask me if I can play songs from youtube
    whatever rocks your boat mate.

I wouldnt say they are dumb, they are simply not as educated as you or the next dj who has learnt their craft. and knows about bitrate and track quality etc..

for all you know they are studying to be a doctor a scientest or some other profession that you dont know everything about. (you may be one of the latter so in no way am I implying your not educated) that would be hipocritical of me wouldnt it!

What they do know is that they like that song they have requested.
    and they want to hear it.

looking forward to your reply.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 10-25-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    DEEP MAN, DEEP.
    Im a sensitive man lol

Tech Mentor

doctor a scientest or some other profession that you dont know everything about. (you may be one of the latter so in no way am I implying your not educated) that would be hipocritical of me wouldnt it!

As someone studying science, I can confidently say that a lot of the people in my course are plain stupid. I'm also going to say that after I've had enough drinks to get me dancing, I'm pretty damn stupid as well.

I have had intelligent friends come up and ask the most ridiculously asinine of questions while I was DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbite View Post
    As someone studying science, I can confidently say that a lot of the people in my course are plain stupid. I'm also going to say that after I've had enough drinks to get me dancing, I'm pretty damn stupid as well.

I have had intelligent friends come up and ask the most ridiculously asinine of questions while I was DJing.
    I have my moments aloof maybe, but not DUMB.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 10-25-2011 at 07:44 PM.

The dumbest person there is on this earth is the one who thinks he knows everything.

Everyone can learn something from someone else.

And yes, there are dumb people. We are all dumb to an extent. But there are the humble and yet wise people, who are smart enough to admit there is always something to learn. And then there are the arrogant, vain and ignorant people, who think they are better than others and act as if they know more than everyone else.

My 2 cents.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

very well said scamo. +10000

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast