Traktor 2 not playing well with my laptop
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 2 not playing well with my laptop

Hey guys,
    I just installed Traktor 2 on to my laptop, and it is not playing well at all. It's being slow to recognize the timecode from my vinyls, and not playing well. They are slow and horrible quality. I still have the version one vinyls, could that be it? I was playing everything on my desktop yesterday, but when I got my laptop in the mail today, and installed everything it's not working.
    My desktop is a Core2 Duo with 4gbs of DDR2 ram, and Win 7 64bit
    My Laptop is a Core i7 with with 4gb of DDR3 ram and Win 7 64bit. I do think it is slower ram, but would that make a difference? I don't see how it would run worse on my laptop. I am running my music off a portable Hardrive thru usb could that be it?
    Any suggestions on whats up?
    Thanks
    Oh yea i'm using the Audio 4 DJ.
    Last edited by Eljosh; 11-29-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Tech Wizard

I suspect hardware drivers or vendor-installed crapware may be at least part of the culprit, particularly if you're hearing pops and/or dropouts in addition to what you mentioned. Search the threads here and at the NI forums to get info on how to troubleshoot. Be forewarned it can be a long process to determine exactly what's causing the problem, but it can be fixed with patience and persistence. That laptop should be fine to run Traktor. I'm using a Core i3 w/ 3G and I'm running fine with it.

An easy way to see if its the portable HDD causing the issue would be to copy a few tracks to your HDD and see if the problem persists.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Tech Wizard

Thanks man, yea. I'm thinking I might have to go one by one go thru the processes running and figure out what I don't need. But it does seem like a usb driver thing, because I can play with it without the Audio 4 plugged in fine. And I emailed NI about it maybe they can help a bit.