PARIS... Where To Go ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default PARIS... Where To Go ?

PARIS... Where to go ?
    Ok guys, me and my girlfriend have decided to go for a 5 day break in Paris. We are staying in the Montmartre area but we have unlimited travel cards so anywhere in central Paris is cool.We have no idea of where to go at night apart from what the guide books say.
    We go on Tuesday.

Im thinking that maybe some of you lovely people may know a few good hangouts for the evening.

We Like:
    Bars/clubs. Funky,downbeat but stylish.
    Jazz, Funk, Soul, hiphop, good quality House music.
    Electronica, Techy glitchy house,disco.
    Nice people. Dressed down/up/
    Friendly and safe like minded people.

We Dislike:
    Chrome and glass bars full of coked up idiots.
    Trance or music like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyke crap dance music.
    Bad R&B bars full of wannabes and bling.
    Attitude, people who take themselves to seriously.

We are hoping to go and see Matthew Dear at Batofar but i guess that will be impossible and sold out.

We like good food and drink, we like to eat what the locals eat. We dont mind paying good money but hate being ripped off by poncey restaurants. We love fish.

Oh and of course any good record shops and skate shops would be a bonus (although my girlfriend may not be to happy).

So has anyone got any recomendations ?

Viva La France
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-05-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Change for MisterMoleyMole

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    PARIS... Where to go ?
    Techno like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyke crap dance music.
    WHAT!!! TECHNO??? TIESTO??? PAUL VAN DYKE???

Pleeeeaaassseee i feel disspointed in that statement

TRANCE .... spot on!

Techno .... No!!! These DJ's do not play Techno, not in my eyes anyway!

Anyway ... i was gioing to say the REX club is supposed to be a good club but i think it plays crap dance music
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I like Techno but good Techno. More techy-glitchy stuff.
    Sorry i just cant listen to all that Tiesto , ATB bollocks .

But thanks for the recomendation , i think

Tiesto does play, some times even violates, old technoclassics.

Like his version of Gatek by Umek.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Lets not hijack the thread by talking about Tiesto and Paul Van Dyke though :\

Tiesto and Paul vandyke and ATB are all trance acts in my eyes ... which is also so far away from techno in my eyes ... with reagrds to gatek ... "his version" ... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Tiesto and Paul vandyke and ATB are all trance acts in my eyes ... which is also so far away from techno in my eyes ... with reagrds to gatek ... "his version" ... nuff said
    I just told everyone to stop thread hijacking... so lets stop thread hijacking - if you want to talk about those artists start a new thread about it.

slapped hands ... i do appologise

Tech Convert

Hi,

I am french, i live in Paris.

The Rex Club is by far the best techno club of the town, best soundsystem i know in France, music is always good, and it isn't crap dance music. Thursday are various quality artists, friday top techno artists and saturday is for house music. www.rexclub.com
    You can trust me, i only listen to electronic music since 20 years now, and you can check my podcast to hear what i like. http://elefanc.podomatic.com/

Trance music is not a very appreciate here.

If you want to see Matthew Dear there will be no problem, just make sure to be on the place at the beggining of the show to be sure to have some places; it's a small club, very small, but one of my favorite : i live at 5 minutes by foot, and people are not too "wanna be". Soundsystem is ok. www.batofar.org

If you like House Music, The Djoon club is a very good places to hear what you like. There is a philosphy behind the roaster of the dj's. Soundsystem is ok, perhaps bass are too high but place is beautiful. Too bad the people are perhaps a bit too on the upper class of population, if you see what i mind. You can eat there, good food, typically french, but a bit expensive for me. www.djoon.com

For downbeat you can try the buddhar bar, a very beautiful place with good sound, but a lot bling bling attitude. http://www.buddha-bar.com/

I can't say anything for hip hop or funk, that's not what i like.

If you want i advise you about restaurants, tell me how much you want to pay per person.

E.
    Denon DN-X1600, 2 Native Instruments Kontrol X1, 2 Pioneer SDJ-80X.

http://soundcloud.com/owra

Eric thank you for your reply this is just what i needed.

A few people have recomended Rex Club so i think we will give that a try. I think Mr FINGERS and BUSY P are playing there so that would be cool.

Yeah we reallly want to see Matthew Dear so we will try get tickets when we arrive tomorrow.

Djoon Club looks good, its a shame that we come home on sunday because Dimitri From Paris is doing the Motown Party but it does look expensive.

If you know a few restaurants to recomend that would be cool.
    We dont mind the cost, we have been told that Paris is very expensive so we just want quality and we like to taste the local or fresh food ( we are not vegetarians)
    We dont eat English food we prefer to eat where the locals eat where the atmosphere is relaxed and wine flows

Im listening to your Music Session 18 Podcast and it is excellent i absolutely adore the Nina Simone remix . Your music is just right for me i will listen to all your podcasts. .

Many Thanks

Karlos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast