12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

1. Creed has sold more records in the US than Jimi Hendrix

2. Led Zeppelin, REM, and Depeche Mode have never had a number one single, Rihanna has 10

3. Ke$ha's “Tik-Tok” sold more copies than ANY Beatles single

4. Flo Rida's “Low” has sold 8 million copies – the same as The Beatles' “Hey Jude”

5. The Black Eyed Peas' “I Gotta Feeling” is more popular than any Elvis or Simon & Garfunkel song

6. Celine Dion's “Falling Into You” sold more copies than any Queen, Nirvana, or Bruce Springsteen record

7. Same with Shania Twain's “Come On Over”

8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles from an album

9. Barbra Streisand has sold more records (140 million) than Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash, and Tom Petty combined

10. People actually bought Billy Ray Cyrus' album “Some Gave All…” 20 million people. More than any Bob Marley album

11. The cast of “Glee” has had more songs chart than the Beatles

12. This guy exists.

source: http://www.facebook.com/DJSteveLawlerOfficial
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

awesome this post is awesome

this should go on 9gag lol
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

That shit sucks.

But imagine if the Beatles or any other of "the good guys" were still kickin' today and had the backup of the industry in today's form. They would be selling truck loads, or so i would like to think.

Also, today every one and their gran'ma is buying music, and the market as grown a lot, i don't know how many billion people were alive in the 50's, 60's and 70's, but today you have 7 billion potential customer for the music industry.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    Also, today every one and their gran'ma is buying music, and the market as grown a lot, i don't know how many billion people were alive in the 50's, 60's and 70's, but today you have 7 billion potential customer for the music industry.
    Exactly. Music is cheaper and more accessible today, and people have more disposable income.

People are buying more music now that it is cheaper and readily available? No way!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

The Beatles wouldn't have a chance in hell in today's music industry. Ironic eh?

How come sapce monkey?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

They would probably be forced to endorse or not get the capital from record companies to tell everyone that they are the next best thing. I say this not so much that their sound would not be relevant or anything like that. Maybe i've just become too cynical from seeing good song writers and talented musicians get more or less ignored. But then again maybe it isn't fair to anyone by playing time machine games comparing past talent with modern pop culture.

Tech Guru

Read this a while ago... its still mental.... on the same site it shows the ages of loads of movie stars.... babys in ads that people would know and there like 30+ these days.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    The Beatles wouldn't have a chance in hell in today's music industry. Ironic eh?
    Saying they're more popular than Jesus probably wouldn't cause much of a stir though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast