Need some help

Thread: Need some help

Tech Convert

Default Need some help

I have a behringer ddm400 and am looking to get either a m audio trigger finger or akai apc40. Im really split between the two. I first want to make sure that i can manipulate songs (cd, mp3, ect) with either controller. I want it for more than music production. I also want to make sure they can be connected through my ddm400 and what cable is needed. Just need some help figuring out which controller is right for me and how to connect it to my mixer and computer, any help is greatly appreciated

Tech Mentor

you can't do what you are wanting to do with either controller.

you can get some DJ software, and an interface and then you can use the controllers to control the software, or you can get cd players to go through the mixer and use the built in effects., but a controller can not control a cd player

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    you can't do what you are wanting to do with either controller.

you can get some DJ software, and an interface and then you can use the controllers to control the software, or you can get cd players to go through the mixer and use the built in effects., but a controller can not control a cd player
    OK, so both of these controllers are only for making music, theres no way to upload a file or open a file in ableton, tractor, watever and change the sound through the apc or trigger finger. forgive me I just have no knowledge of these and want to learn before I buy one.

What is a good machine for making effects, the ddm is great but i like what the apc and m adio can do

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KuBe View Post
    OK, so both of these controllers are only for making music, theres no way to upload a file or open a file in ableton, tractor, watever and change the sound through the apc or trigger finger. forgive me I just have no knowledge of these and want to learn before I buy one.

What is a good machine for making effects, the ddm is great but i like what the apc and m adio can do
    you can upload songs into ableton, and use ableton's effects. with an apc40.

the TF, and the apc40 are controllers, which are meant to control parameters in software. all of the major dj softwares (traktor, serato, ableton, virtual dj, torq) have built in effects that the controllers can be mapped to control.

if you want a hardware effects processor look at the korg kaoss pad 3. but