Am I stupid or just not an ass?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Am I stupid or just not an ass?

So in preparation of selling these custom MK2s I'm working on, I started scouring the Internet to see what people are actually, not what people who aren't looking are saying people are paying.

For "beat to shit" MK2s, it looks like $250/$300 per.

For ones in good condition it seems people are actual willing to pay upwards of $350/$400 per.

With the mods I did I was thinking oh selling them for $1200 for the pair.

Is that too low or am I right in not furthering the absurd pricing for decks?

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

personally, i wouldn't pay more that 500 for a pair, $600 if they are in MINT condition. If you can hustle them for 1200, props to you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I don't think you have to worry about that being too low, I really doubt you will get $1200 for the pair or much over $900 unless they have some really nice powder coat.

There is that one dude on ebay who gets like 1400 a pair for the powder coated tables, but he also has a bunch of listings up at once and has all the feedback on his custom decks and they sit on sale for weeks.

Tech Guru

I was thinking I could probably get around $900 at the least.

I want to recoup my investment and make what the market will bear without being a douche bag about it.
    Last edited by djlotus; 03-15-2012 at 05:52 PM.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Guru

1200 for MK2's is just bananas. Even $900 is quite high, but I'm not sure what you are doing to them and how long you are prepared to sit on em.

Tech Mentor

$1200 may be a stretch. I would personally list the pair at $1200 and take any offer over $1000.

I did manage to sell a pair in "OK" condition with no mods for $800, so getting over 1K should be do-able, you just may be sitting on them for quite a while.

Tech Guru

I'm prepared to sit on them.

Like I said just trying to come up with a price which is a profit for me and not totally rape potential buyers.

I'll buy them for $350.

Tech Guru

You don't need anymore gear Xone.

Xone, he's already working on the custom part, what are you going to do with them?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast