USB Cable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB Cable

Default USB Cable

I just purchased a Traktor S4 it did come with a USB cable my laptop does run 3.0 but the S4 doesn't work properly with it...

I wanted to upgrade the standard cable for several reasons yes before anyone says if it aint broke don't fix it like I said I have reason...

Just wanted everyone's opinion

DJTT jst put out a new usb 2.0 cable looks standard to me but who knows

Would you trust the cable from DJTT to be an upgrade or a Monster cable and before some say its just a name brand I experienced first hand the difference in an Monster cable aposed to others here is the info below please let me know what you all think

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=4704

http://store.djtechtools.com/dj-tech...usb-cable.html

I love the right angled option in the DJTT cable but the monster can put out up to 20% more power at 1200 mbps the DJTT has two ferrite chokes on it were the Monster doesn't I would have to first go out and purchase two to place on the Monster its no big deal I know were to get them...

What would you all do

A USB cable is a USB cable. It either works or it doesn't to be honest. Your S4 problems probably stem from something else, such as DPC latency or your USB 3.0 windows drivers/hardware combo. You can check this by trying any other USB cable with your S4.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

1200mb/s is a load of crap and even if it wasn't usb2 max's out at 480mb/s and usb 3 is 1000 or something like that. USB cable is a USB cable, I'd say get the DJTT one to support the community.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Also, Monster cables are nothing but noob detectors. If someone uses them, it means they have no idea what they're doing.

^this
    Don't buy into the monster hype unless the cables match your Dre. cans
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    ^this
    Don't buy into the monster hype unless the cables match your Dre. cans
    Dre cans ewwwww lol I just talked to DJTT about there cable they have a new chat feature I like it no need to call, I asked them about there cable compared to Monster and guess what the rep couldn't tell me a thing about there's what I found funny when I sent him the link on the Monster cable he was truly impressed and was intrigued he also said he would have to talk to his techs about the cable they sell but he was still very impressed and very interested in monster and he works for DJTT lol

That's unfortunate, because Monster cables are pure snake oil
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    That's unfortunate, because Monster cables are pure snake oil
    Fell for the Monster hype - hook, line & sinker. Then bought the DJTT cables (shipped to South Africa, one third of the Monster price). I now have very expensive shoe laces with Monster stamped all over them, and a USB cable that is yet to cause a single glitch. Get the right-angled plug - it's a win.

PS - just bought Monster iSport IEM's (the Livestrong edition) - IMHO the finest IEM's I've used. Superb sound, unbelievable fit. 80k of mountainous single track on a hard-tail Stumpjumper without a jiggle. Monster USB cable hype forgiven.
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 04-12-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Fell for the Monster hype - hook, line & sinker. Then bought the DJTT cables (shipped to South Africa, one third of the Monster price). I now have very expensive shoe laces with Monster stamped all over them, and a USB cable that is yet to cause a single glitch. Get the right-angled plug - it's a win.

PS - just bought Monster iSport IEM's (the Livestrong edition) - IMHO the finest IEM's I've used. Superb sound, unbelievable fit. 80k of mountainous single track on a hard-tail Stumpjumper without a jiggle. Monster USB cable hype forgiven.
    Thank you so much that's what I really needed you had both and DJTT is better that's who I am ordering from also the right angle I wanted to get but on my S4 I believe it would block other outputs

Quote Originally Posted by ZooYork View Post
    Thank you so much that's what I really needed you had both and DJTT is better that's who I am ordering from also the right angle I wanted to get but on my S4 I believe it would block other outputs
    You can choose which direction you want the angle to run (ie left or right). Monster is also a 'rigid' cable, the DJTT cable is more 'flexible'. I also find the USB plug (laptop side) of the DJTT cable a better fit. Remember that the S4 plug is purposefully a double mechanism - do not force it - you will damage the housing on the S4. The ferrite cores on the DJTT cable are essential.
    356 reasons why

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast