Traktor Pro and DJIO?
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Pro and DJIO?

Hi:
    Last summer I purchased a VCI-100 and DJIO to use with Traktor. I had some problems with my computer. It took me a while to get a new computer (I finally did: A Dell Studio running Vista).
    I really haven't put too much time into trying to get this to work but now I am ready (I'm a little less busy over the summer). SInce I made these purchases Traktor Pro came out, and honestly, I'm pretty lost now.
    My first question is whether the DJIO will work. I'm not looking to use it to perform, I'm a total beginner so that is not an issue.
    I'm sure I will have a lot more questions when I get this up and running. this site is awesome for getting info. Thanks.

DjIO was my first card.
    It works well, once you install the drivers. It's compact, has low latency & does the job.
    As a matter of fact, I still have it & use it when I want to pack light.

the only downer is no onboard earphone volume & no inputs. No biggie.

Have fun with it.

Tech Convert

Thanks. I'll try to get it up and running. I'm sure I will have other issues in the future.

I use Traktor Pro on Vista with the DJIO and I've never had a problem. It worked right out of the box. No need to adjust latency. Have fun with it.

Tech Convert

Ok that is good to know. I started to use Pro w/out the soundcard just to mess around and I've had a bunch of problems. Some I understand why, but others not so much. I've been reading and I think that I am coming to a better understanding of it. I was nervous however that I would need a better sound card. Thanks for all the input.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude your a beginner..! Your not meant to "get it" straight away. Digital Djing is not as straight forward as people think. Thats why the forum is a Gold Mine.
    People here will help with anything. You should never feel that you cant ask about stuff.
    If you dont get something and you have tried to solve it yourself you will get nothing but respectful help on here..!

God im in a good mood today. Sun is shinning in UK today... Woop.

Tech Convert

Sick one. It is awesome in New York today also. Thanks.