The language of controllerism
    Tech Convert

Default The language of controllerism

Hi everyone
    I'm Valentin and i've been playing the drum for now 8 year.
    A few month ago I was with my cousin who is a professional DJ and he learned me things and then I wanted to do more djiing and of course I do controllerism.

I'm french and english is my second language and a very famous drummer Benny Greb creat a DVD about the language of drumming and I think that controllerism is a new language and it's a little bit the same as the language of drumming.
    So here a picture of the letters of the language of controllerism :

thelanguageofcontrollerism.jpg

Let me explain it : so in the language of controllerism it's only binary. Each *-* mean the tempo so it's 1 2 3 4
    and the *.* is when you press the button so for A you will press on 1 and B you will press on 2 (I like to make a video to show all the letters but I don't know how to film my screen and take sound, can you suggest me a software for this please ? )

Don't hesitate to ask any question and I hope that this will help you in your mix
    (And sorry for my english )

Interesting.. I might need to see that video. is the point to be able to convey a message to someone using a controller?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

I am obsessed with music notation, and am very in to this idea. Cool!

Tech Wizard

Controllerists could use the drum notation for using controllers, with no problem

Quote Originally Posted by chicomodo View Post
    Controllerists could use the drum notation for using controllers, with no problem
    What of knobs and faders? Movement with the MIDI Fighter 3D?

Your english is quite understandable (to me ^^). Bienvenue.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.