NI's Pioneer Video
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default NI's Pioneer Video

We have discussed it before but was fuzzy on what the CDJ's would actually display then there were subthreads on getting proper track info to display. This seems like great integration, compared to what I was expecting when it was announced. I'm still not ready to chunk down $6k on a set up for the house, but I like the idea a lot and the video is pretty cool in demonstrating things.

You're probably not going to have to lay down that dough.
    The whole point here is that you can take Traktor out of the house and rock it on what is already in the clubs without having to bring your own controllers.
    This secures Pioneers Deck / Mixer units a place in a world where such things are fading from the scene, and puts them in a position where they won't have to compete with Traktor as much.
    They are even putting focus on NI's line of "add on" controllers, to pull attention away from themselves. Smart move really.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

I would have to at least rent a system for a month to be comfortable enough to just wing it in the club and know how to set up proper and fast, at least muscle memory wise, getting used to a spread out system. Would probably spend the first week missing my controller mixer all in one, then the next three weeks trying to justify how to keep the rig.

Tech Wizard

Agree with both of you.

Will update traktor and test it this weekend on a gig...

Actually a CDJ2000 is not that diferent from an all in one controller maybe a few less buttons. So I would say if you can rock Traktor on a S2/4 or similar. You should be set and ready to rock with CDJ's less hot cues. What you might have problem with at first is getting used to FX on a DJM.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

The only thing is that I still haven't seen THAT many clubs with that set-up and why didn't they include two usbs in the DJM 900?
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

This is absolutely incredible. You can rock in with a laptop, an X1 and a midi fighter and completely rock the place.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    This is absolutely incredible. You can rock in with a laptop, an X1 and a midi fighter and completely rock the place.
    no headphones required lol
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne

Yes, I mentioned this a month ago. This is really good for any DJs that primarly use Traktor. Prepare and have everything in place, take the laptop to the club and off you go.

Anyway, I need to test this myself. Also, might be that the club CDJs don't have the latest firmware so you need to make sure that's also in place, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Yes, I mentioned this a month ago. This is really good for any DJs that primarly use Traktor. Prepare and have everything in place, take the laptop to the club and off you go.

Anyway, I need to test this myself. Also, might be that the club CDJs don't have the latest firmware so you need to make sure that's also in place, sigh.
    Not too hard, you can just upload it to a usb and load it on. I actually always carry the latest with me just incase. Takes like a minute.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast