Traktor Spring Cleaning...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Spring Cleaning...

I've known for ages that our traktor collection has been a total shambles. Multiple peoples random and unsorted tunes just sitting there on my HD gathering dust, tunes that are too low a quality to play out with and lets be honest... lots of absolute shit tracks in there (i even found some britney & katy perry mixes in there ffs lol)
    So i spent most of this afternoon reorganising the whole thing and i think i deleted over 600 tunes or so (at a guess, leaving us with about 6k in traktor, about half the total). I know that seems brutal but i have been getting more and more picky with the qualities over the last 6 months or so. 80% of my gigging trance and housey stuff is @ 320 Kbps or there abouts, and most of our Psy is getting up there also. I've just loaded the collection up with our Drum & Bass burns in the last few days and have yet to go through that stuff, but i plan to be just as brutal with that also.
    I use a separate library for traktor all run through MiK and normalised at 94db, so the original tunes are still there just for listening only basically.
    How does every 1's collections look like? Lets have a look see
    peace
    Last edited by Jester; 07-08-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

oh god, mine is a disaster. Trance mixed with hardstyle mixed with psytrance mixed with industrial mixed with goth mixed with metal mixed with house mixed with trip hop mixed with... country? (I think I have an odd Johnny Cash song floating around)

But I have been focusing on so many other things, and I think even in the chaos it still makes sense to me.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i'm just a bedroom dj but mine are sorted into folders of each month and then maybe genres within that month, depending on how many toons i have added for that month. This helps me find my most recent stuff easily.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Imagine Godzilla picks up a record store and tips it upside down and then puts it back down... thats my music collection at the moment..!

Timely that you make this thread as its always this time of year (student term has finished and i get a bit of spare time) that i do a full spring clean.
    Go back and properly tag all the rushed music ive imported and sort out all my Set History and Playlists.
    All so that its cleaned up for the new student term in September.

Tech Guru

Damn mine can always use a cleaning.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

10,000 songs, mostly sorted by ratings, then playlist and a couple more playlists based on the "feel" of the track.

Works quite well for me, so I've never really bothered to sort it any further...

Ppsshhhttttt who needs sorting when you can have one handy folder that says "ALLMYSONGS"...ggop

So i'm not alone then haha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have the same system as mr. Moley. Am buying tunes once a month and try to limit it a bit (ensuring I really only buy good tunes) to have some oversight. Keep tunes in the month-folder for 8 months and then put it in one of the 2 archives (good archive-folder and bad archive-folder). This way i can put my whole collection under favourites in traktor.

I'd rather play the tunes than spend hours organising them. Glad i had the clean out though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast