just got my vci 100 but got a problem(s)
    Tech Mentor

Default just got my vci 100 but got a problem(s)

hey guys,

So I just got my vci 100! It was used but in very well condition. Got it from a store so I have warranty if it breaks. Also got it for cheap. Anyways so I buy it and 10 minutes later I plug it in to my laptop, wait for it to load and say you're ready to use your hardware at the bottom right like all the other usb devices do. Then I open virtual dj and it works fine for 10 minutes then out of no where it'll freeze on me but the music still plays! =/

How could I prevent these freezes from happening!?!? I want to play with it undisturbed so badly!

I'm assuming you are on a pc?
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Mentor

yes I am, I'm guessing it has to do with the latency? Anything I should change in the setup so it won't freeze on me?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There have been a few threads on this (I'm on vacation and feeling productive, so even I won't search)

Try changing the outlet you're plugged into, and change out your USB cable.

If at all possible use one with a ferrite or two for a more secure connection. also, update drivers, etc. etc. etc.

Does this keep happening every time you load VDJ?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I already tried both of my usb ports with 3 different usb cables(none with ferrites). I'm thinking I need to switch some things in the performances tab in vdj in order to make it perform better. IE like change the latency or switch on/off some stuff.

Anyone know what to switch in the performances tab to get the best out of VDJ with the vci-100? Would be sooooo appreciated!! =)

Tech Mentor

Ferk. no help after 6 days still =/

we mostly use traktor around here so you will get limited help with vdj...

edit: what soundcard are you using?...
    Last edited by Wuz; 08-01-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

grab a demo of traktor pro and test it out to see if you still get the same issues - that will help tell if its a software problem or a hardware problem

theres no "best latency settings" they change from computer to computer, best thing to do is start with a super low latency then slowly increase the latency until you don't hear any audio artifacts any longer.

Could also be the usb cable - look in the FAQ (link is in my sig) for information on controller drop outs.