Using traktor as an EFX unit

Default Using traktor as an EFX unit

I am looking to just run the sound from my cdjs through traktor, and effect the sound then route back to the mixer.

That is somewhat easy, but how can i get my EFX to be beatsynced??

If your mixer can output it's MIDI Clock then you can send that to Traktor. You'd need a 4in/4out card for two decks. You'd just make deck A/B live inputs and then route them back out.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

the EFX-1000 and the RMX-1000 both have good beat detection and bpm tap if that fails and the EFX also has an encoder so you can finely tune the bpm somewhat like beatmatching if it goes slightly out of sync when using the delay/feedback loop. The EFX also can receive a midi clock to sync but not sure about the RMX. If your using delay foot pedals they usually only have bpm tap.

You should just use a send and return on the mixer to add external hardware effects as you won't get any latency and they can be daisy chained... I used to use a Korg KP2 and EFX-1000 into a DJM-600 this way.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

if your mixer has an internal bpm counter for FX, you might be able to send it out via midi out

Tech Guru

You can always tap the tempo in manually. If you're using an analogue mixer (was it a Xone 22?) there's no way of getting BPM data to Traktor.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If your mixer didn't send MIDI I don't see any other way than setting a master clock to match your CDJs and using tempo band and metronome to manually match CDJs to Traktor.

right now im using the xone 22, but soon to have a xone 42, and i use the send and return right now with a kaoss pad quad, but i just love traktors EFX