Generic keyboard mapping tsi - remix problems
    Tech Convert

Default Generic keyboard mapping tsi - remix problems

Hi

I really need some help if anyone is able to...

I've tried using the generic keyboard mapping that comes with Traktor to do some simple things, but I'm finding that it doesn't work as expected. (Mappings as shown in page 312 of the manual, I presume.)

When I hit Z, X, C and V loops from Deck B are loaded to Remix Deck C
    When I hit B,N,M or , then I get an error that no sample is loaded in the loop recorder.

How do I get loops from A to load onto C and loops from B to load onto D?

I have tried to edit the assignments, but my problem is not solved. The destination seems correct, but the source is not.

Once I get this right, I will try to set it up with my controller (Lemur + iPad for starters).

I'd appreciate some help,
    thanks!

Tech Mentor

By the looks of things you're trying to start or capture something in the loop recorder. That's the area on top between the fx areas, not the remix deck.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    By the looks of things you're trying to start or capture something in the loop recorder. That's the area on top between the fx areas, not the remix deck.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to capture anything in the loop recorder - I've got a loop in deck A and B, and when I hit Z, X, C and V loops from Deck B are loaded to Remix Deck C. First I need to change this so that the loop from B goes to D. Then I need to figure out why the loop from A is not going into C, but giving me that error.
    I'm using the default tsi, so I assumed this would be mapped as stated in the manual.
    If it's incorrect, then I need to understand how to change the source of the capture - it seems I can only change the destination slot.
    Thanks!

Tech Convert

Ah! i just figured it out. The source is set in the header section of the remix deck, not the mappings.
    Stupid me! Sorry, I missed this in the manual...
    Hope this helps some other clueless person.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 7.27.44 PM.png

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey there,

You're correct on that - the source selector can be selected in the deck header. However there i a mapping command which does the same job

Add In > Remix Deck > Capture Source Selector

Happy mapping everybody