Help With Getting In To Clubs

Default Help With Getting In To Clubs

Basically, i've been djing for almost two years now and have had gigs with other djs that mix in the club regularly and open for big festivals in my area. And to be honest i am not impressed, im only 15 and have a ton of time but i feel i should be playing in the club over them, bottom line how do i get into the clubs?

In all honesty getting a club gig at your age will be near impossible as you're (assuming you live in us) 6 years below the drinking age, Your best ideas might be to see if any venues in your area do an Underagers night and try to get a set at them. Or djing School/Kids parties.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Cimini View Post
    Basically, i've been djing for almost two years now and have had gigs with other djs that mix in the club regularly and open for big festivals in my area. And to be honest i am not impressed, im only 15 and have a ton of time but i feel i should be playing in the club over them, bottom line how do i get into the clubs?
    Easiest way would be to just ask those other DJs how they got gigs at "big festivals" in your area. Chances are they know or are the actual promoters for the shows you are talking about. The more you hang out and network with those people the better chance you have at gigs.

Tech Mentor

You're 15, chances are you're not gonna get many night club gigs. It is possible, but I know some clubs who might actually book an underager require a parent or guardian to accompany them through the night. However, since you're 15 you do have one advantage. Make connections and as many as possible. You can do anything in this world if you know the right guy.

Club owners are running a business. They need to make sure the club is packed every single weekend. They could care less what DJ is up on stage performing, as long as they're making money from it. A lot of it has to do with who you know / what connections you have, but if you can guarantee to sell a certain number of tickets or bring a certain amount of people on your guest list, you have a good chance of being hired.

Of course these rules change in your case because you're 15. You can't really bring friends to the nightclub because they aren't even old enough to get in. Unless you have a solid following that's 18+ (21+ in some clubs), you're probably not going to get hired.

As everyone else said, use this time to your advantage by networking. Build your fan base. Make connections with other DJ's who are gigging in local clubs. Keep those connections close. When the time comes, you'll be first in line.
    I knew a girl, who tried to walk across the lake.
    Of course it was winter, when all this was... Ice...

yeah man you have a few years to go, heres what you do...

1. Work on you mix skills
    2. Work on your connections, socical media, meeting other djs.
    3. Keep your skills up, play house parties, play wedding, grad parties. etc. We have all done it, its how you start.
    4. Put out mixes on soundcloud, mixcloud. etc. Post those mixes in local EDM "facebook groups". It will help you gain exposure.
    5. Grow facial hair make yourself look older! hahaha