Making my own controller with NI/AKAĻ/Novation quality
    Tech Wizard

Default Making my own controller with NI/AKAĻ/Novation quality

Hi folks,

Lets say I have access to a top notch 3D printer, have some arduino waiting in their boxes and all I need is good controls : pads, rotary knobs, etc. I want to go for the best price/quality.

How can I learn to get something that approach the pads from NI or AKAĻ ?
    How can I know what knobs do Novation use on their Launchcontrol and Launchcontrol XL ?
    Aside from that, have you already tested some random products and can you give me some hints ?

Thanks in advance !

Are you trying to velocity sensitive? if not, Japanese arcade buttons. They are tough, responsive, feel good to use and will always be cool. They are however quite unlike NI's pads.

If you are doing endless rotary encoders instead of pots, watch out, soldering irons kill them really easily.

Tech Wizard

Thank you for your answer, despite the fact you spoke about everything but what I was looking for
    I really need pads. arcades buttons are cool but not very well suited for finger drumming in my opinion, also not a good choice for expressivity.
    I really wonder how they made the Quneo too.
    Im not looking for endless encords, but thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Oevl View Post
    Thank you for your answer, despite the fact you spoke about everything but what I was looking for
    I really need pads. arcades buttons are cool but not very well suited for finger drumming in my opinion, also not a good choice for expressivity.
    I really wonder how they made the Quneo too.
    Im not looking for endless encords, but thanks ^^
    Quneo is a different beast than anything else-it was made using a capacitive fabric that Keith made years ago. It does velocity by doing a throw of surface area to pressure translation. That is how it can do X/Y, etc.