Midi Controllers functioning as stand-alone analog mixers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi Controllers functioning as stand-alone analog mixers.

Hi everyone

I am looking for a 4 channel midi controller for Traktor that can also operate as a turntable analog mixer, like independent from the computer. Best would it be if i could setup a digital vinyl system on top of that.

I was looking at DENON DN-MC6000mk2, but i heard it's a mess to make it work with Traktor.

Please send any suggestions and inputs my way, i very much appreciate.

Thanks

If you consider importing *.tsi file and setting input/output routing properly a "mess" maybe a S4 is a better choice for you...plug and play and it's the only DVS capable controller for Traktor. Just sayin...
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If I were in your shoes I would look at buying a certifed mixer + some addon controllers like the X1/Z1/SC2000/PL1 etc.

Z2, Denon X1600 and Xone 4D are really the only standalone mixers that will tick the boxes and wont require an additional soundcard, the 4D would not require anything additional whatsoever and the most elegant solution.

Another option is to buy a Scratch Certified Soundcard + Mixer of Choice + Controllers of choice

If you consider importing *.tsi file and setting input/output routing properly a "mess" maybe a S4 is a better choice for you
    The Denon would require a Traktor Certifed Soundcard, so yes it would be a bit of a mess, not to mention is NOT a standalone mixer anyhow, which he specifically detailed he wants
    Last edited by deevey; 01-05-2015 at 03:20 PM.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please read OP's post one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Please read OP's post one more time.
    I did, and he specifically says "Independent of the computer" and DVS and Traktor ?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I did, and he specifically says "Independent of the computer" and DVS and Traktor ?
    1.) He wants a controller and you recommend him a mixer.
    2.) From the list of Traktor DVS certified mixers you recommend only 3 of them, each having very little in common with the other beside the Traktor DVS, without asking the OP what is his tehnique, what music he play,...etc.
    3.) You don't bother checking if Denon MC6000mk2 is a standalone analogue mixer even after someone calls you out (and btw. mk1 version can even use external mixing while jogs/midi buttons control Traktor decks)

As i said, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

I think deevey's suggestions are spot on. But then, I'm not convinced having a controller doubling up as a mixer is a good idea in any scenario.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jon doe View Post
    the vestax vci-400 with the "latest" or updated firmware
    the american audio VMS4.1
    I was thinking VCI-400 too. You can pretty much flip a switch to go back and forth between digital and analog.

Tech Mentor

xone 4D
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

1.) He wants a controller and you recommend him a mixer.
    If the mixer controls stuff via midi its still a controller - be that a hybrid

2.) From the list of Traktor DVS certified mixers you recommend only 3 of them, each having very little in common with the other beside the Traktor DVS, without asking the OP what is his tehnique, what music he play,...etc.
    Firstly they were only examples in the certifed range, I only noted the lower priced ones that have 4 channels and are Traktor 2 ready.

He asked for DVS functionality, and if he said he was planning on using MIxxx, VDJ, Cross or Serato for DVS I would have mentioned a plethora of controllers and hybrid mixers that offer those functions though that respective software e.g. SX2, MXR14, VMS4.1, Reloop etc...

I deducted that as he had already been looking at the MC6000 as a controller, that he is probably a casual scratcher at most and there are few other styles of music that would require anything more specific in order to play - call it an educated guess (which I could be wrong about).

3.) You don't bother checking if Denon MC6000mk2 is a standalone analogue mixer even after someone calls you out (and btw. mk1 version can even use external mixing while jogs/midi buttons control Traktor decks)
    I know the MC6000 well, thank you, and yes I'm aware its a standalone mixer but getting Traktor Scratch to work (legally) would require an Audio 4/6/10

As i said, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

If the OP hops back on and is considering using different software or different software for DVS gigs than Traktor gigs the range of options opens up considerably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast