Help with Kontrol F1
    Tech Mentor

Default Help with Kontrol F1

Is it possible to set the F1 so that the stop buttons act with one press hold once releasing they cut off?

Cheers

Just a question, does that imply you only use one sample cell per column?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

Its for using scratch control and cutting the audio in and out with the actual sample playing any ideas?

Sure I guess you can add a traktor f1 default mapping, create the mute on/off command, define it as hold and tick the override mapping option. there's no reason why that shouldn't work. I didn't check but you may need to recreate the modifiers behaviours too on those buttons (ie browse modifier and shift). And may be add modifiers depending on the behaviours of the cell(s) while stopped/playing (there are some remix deck specific modifiers you can use).
    But apart from that, you should be ok.

On the other hand, you can use for each specific sample the related option linked to each sample (ie, when you click on a cell, there is a "slot trigger type' you can define, it's pink button just above the sync option for the cell (not the deck) on the bottom right hand side. Here you can define foe each of your sample it's trigger type, latched or gated. May be that would make more sense to define that individually instead of a more generic approach?

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Yul; 04-23-2015 at 03:07 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

On the other hand, you can use for each specific sample the related option linked to each sample (ie, when you click on a cell, there is a "slot trigger type' you can define, it's pink button just above the sync option for the cell (not the deck) on the bottom right hand side. Here you can define foe each of your sample it's trigger type, latched or gated. May be that would make more sense to define that individually instead of a more generic
    Yea I still want the sample to play as I scratch so changing the trigger type wouldn't help although it's the the trigger type for the mute pads is what I'm looking for a one shot if you will, I've tried using the control manager but can only set it so the mute is on and can't find how to set it off?????

the command is mute on and all the options are within that command...
    Latest mix