Finding the perfect modular Setup

Default Finding the perfect modular Setup

Hi everyone,

I'm building a brand new Traktor Pro Rig and currently I'm a bit in trouble finding the perfect tool for me.
    Basically what I want to archive is :

- Having a 100% percent modular setup ( so no all-in-one-controllers involved to remain flexible )
    - mixing internally, so setting up at a gig should take less than 2 minutes ( only one spare channel on the in-house-mixer needed )
    - mixing on 4 complete track decks with lots of hotcues
    - reducing the use of the 2'nd function ( Shift ) when buttons have double-functionality.

What I already own is a Traktor Control Z1 and a Traktor Control X1 MK2

These controllers created a good starting point for me but what really strikes me is the fact that everything is pretty static so far. Of course you can remap but I think that's not the main goal of it - due to the fact that everything is mapped and labelled so far.

So I searched for more flexible midicontrollers to controll as much of Traktors functionality as possible.

I looked at the Novation Lauchcontrol XL and the Livid DS. They both looked promising but there is still a lack of controlls.

Today I got a more challenging idea.

What do you think of mapping two Midifighter Twister to represent a four deck Mixer with rotary faders, pitch, FX, Bass, Mid, Hi, Gain and two Midifighter 3D representing the controll unit of the 4 Decks ( cue, play, hotcues ) ?

What do you think of the idea ? Has anyone tried to use the Midifighters this way so far ?

Regards
    Daniel

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klangkaliber View Post
    What do you think of mapping two Midifighter Twister to represent a four deck Mixer with rotary faders, pitch, FX, Bass, Mid, Hi, Gain and two Midifighter 3D representing the controll unit of the 4 Decks ( cue, play, hotcues ) ?

What do you think of the idea ? Has anyone tried to use the Midifighters this way so far ?
    Sounds cool. Than all you would need is Beaubrite 4-Deck Rotary Mixer and Twister 4FX which are already available for download. I don't think we have that kind of mappings for 3D's but it's good idea to offer people a combo mapping for full 4_deck Midifighter setup.
    I like that