Mapping for DDJ-RX

Default Mapping for DDJ-RX

Hello.
    I bought a DDJ-RX controller and before buying I'd thought that it was compatible with the Traktor Pro 2 but I was wrong. I searched the Pioneer forums and a staff told me that Pioneer would not release an official mapping for DDJ-RX. After that I tried mapping for my new controller but beside the basic mappings (start, cue, syns etc.) I couldn't map the FX s, performance pads etc.
    Could anyone who knows about mapping help me doing it or help me to find a full DDJ-RX mapping for Traktor Pro 2?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by efeavlar View Post
    Hello.
    I bought a DDJ-RX controller and before buying I'd thought that it was compatible with the Traktor Pro 2 but I was wrong. I searched the Pioneer forums and a staff told me that Pioneer would not release an official mapping for DDJ-RX. After that I tried mapping for my new controller but beside the basic mappings (start, cue, syns etc.) I couldn't map the FX s, performance pads etc.
    Could anyone who knows about mapping help me doing it or help me to find a full DDJ-RX mapping for Traktor Pro 2?

Thank you.
    I think it's because the DDJ-RX isn't really a MIDI controller. At least it doesn't want to act like it. Pioneer basically declares war on Traktor with their own software so I don't think it's really weird they won't release a official mapping.

If you can trade it in or if you can get a full refund, I should try to get your hands on a DDJ-SX2. The controller is almost identical, but it should work perfectly with Traktor.

Cheerz,
    NoidZ

UP

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoidZ View Post
    I think it's because the DDJ-RX isn't really a MIDI controller.
    That's nowhere near true, the RX can be mapped just like any other DDJ controller and the fact that the SX2 map works for the most part is proof of it.

The main reason the haven't released it is demand, before you were forced to use user made ones for the SX/SX2 just like you are now with the RX, it took Pioneer a few years to come out with an official one.

I'm working on a mapping for the RX and it's pretty close to getting done, including the upcoming Traktor sequencer support, etc. I'll have it up on maps.djtechtools.com once it's finished in the next week or so.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    That's nowhere near true, the RX can be mapped just like any other DDJ controller and the fact that the SX2 map works for the most part is proof of it.

The main reason the haven't released it is demand, before you were forced to use user made ones for the SX/SX2 just like you are now with the RX, it took Pioneer a few years to come out with an official one.

I'm working on a mapping for the RX and it's pretty close to getting done, including the upcoming Traktor sequencer support, etc. I'll have it up on maps.djtechtools.com once it's finished in the next week or so.
    Niiiiiiiice!

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Awesome. Just picked up a DDJ RX. I am patiently awaiting your mapping.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Default Ddj rx

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    Awesome. Just picked up a DDJ RX. I am patiently awaiting your mapping.

Hi , is there any news if you.ve finished the mapping for the DDJ RX ??? just bought one and neeeeeed it lol

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danseaman View Post
    Hi , is there any news if you.ve finished the mapping for the DDJ RX ??? just bought one and neeeeeed it lol
    Paddy made a killer Traktor mapping for RX. Here you go: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/6559