ISO assistance MF twister to get 2 more banks (with Bome midi translator)
    Tech Mentor

Default ISO assistance MF twister to get 2 more banks (with Bome midi translator)

Hey,

I've been running some tests with Bome Midi Translator and I can't achieve what I want. Basically I'm trying to create 2 new Banks (n°5 & 6)

MF Twister utility ("bank sides buttons" enabled)
    Bank 1 = Left Side button 1
    Bank 2 = Left Side button 2
    Bank 3 = Left Side button 3
    Bank 4 = Right Side button 1
    (Bank 5 will be Right Side button 2) = CC toggle
    (Bank 6 will be Right Side button 3) = CC toggle

According to the manual "When changing from Bank 1 to Bank 2 the Midi Fighter Twister will send a Ch3 C-1 Note Off followed by a Ch3 C#-1 Note On
    Bank Change Notes
    Bank 1 | Ch3 C-1
    Bank 2 | Ch3 C#-1
    Bank 3 | Ch3 D-1
    Bank 4 | Ch3 D#-1"

Right Side button 2 gets assigned to a different CC depending on which bank is selected: CC 12 (bank1), CC18 (bank2),CC 24 (bank3),CC 30 (bank4)

What I mapped:
    Right Side button 2 is getting assigned to the SAME CC depending on which bank is selected: CC 32
    When CC 32 is pressed, all the following notes from ch03 go off: C-1, C#-1, D-1, D#-1 (to force bank close)

Problem:
    Right Side button 2 still gets assigned to a different CC depending on which bank is selected EVEN IF I mapped it to get assigned to the same CC

My guess would be that the firmware is messing with the mapping right?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You are probably looking at a really old version of the User Guide. CH.3 has been used for animation rather than system messages for quite a long time. Bank and system messages are sent on Ch.4 by default and use CC messages rather than Note ones.

Here is the link to the latest version of the User Guide which matches the Aug 2016 firmware.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q...41VnZfOTA/view

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You are probably looking at a really old version of the User Guide. CH.3 has been used for animation rather than system messages for quite a long time. Bank and system messages are sent on Ch.4 by default and use CC messages rather than Note ones.

Here is the link to the latest version of the User Guide which matches the Aug 2016 firmware.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q...41VnZfOTA/view
    thanks padi I'm so stupid ^^

/e still not working though Bomes is such a pain in the ass to understand when you start using it
    Last edited by trabz; 10-31-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Tech Mentor

Is there a way to unmap all the banks? And remap all myself?

I got the feeling it would be easier, this shit is driving me crazy ^^

No, it's coded into the firmware. You can however just use bank 1 and set the side buttons to send normal CC/Note messages and assign that to your banks in Bome's

Tech Mentor

No, it's coded into the firmware. You can however just use bank 1 and set the side buttons to send normal CC/Note messages and assign that to your banks in Bome's
    Yeah I figured that and almost finished it allready, it's wayyyyy faster the LEDs mapping is gonna be a bit trickier
    Only concern I got: I hope I'll still get the led ring moving when encoder turned...

Thanks padi !

Btw I tested it, it seems to work just fine within the bome log window
    BUT when I try it in traktor, and "learn" the encoder to check it's CC value, it's always ch02cc0 (bank1 encoder1 pushed) no matter which bank is toggled.

I don't think that's normal, is it?

/e nvm I forgot to swallow the translators
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trabz; 11-03-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Tech Mentor

Topic closed mapping done

Btw I also finished the 4banks from utility + 2banks on bome so that assigning LED will be easier

Feel free to upload them to maps and drop a link over here so anyone else looking for something like it over here can find it easily.

Tech Mentor

Feel free to upload them to maps and drop a link over here so anyone else looking for something like it over here can find it easily.
    Yep sure !