Subscribe to Music Software to Save Money

Default Subscribe to Music Software to Save Money

It seems like a lot of the plug-in companies are using a subscription option, which I have seen with other things like Photoshop and Adobe, but does that make sense with music software?

Gobbler is offering plug-in subscription for really cheap, so I've been using the bundles to pretty much build my entire digital studio almost instantly. For $15 a month I can have every Slate Digital plug-in, which is great for mixing and mastering tracks, but they also have a cheap Reverb bundle from Relab that I just signed up for that has the best reverbs in the business in my opinion.

Buying all of the plug-ins induvidually would have been a couple thousand of dollars easily, so I got to thinking how this could be useful for all DJ software. Would you subscribe to Traktor or Ableton, and if so how cheap would it need to be?

I know a lot of people are against subscriptions, but it has been working for me and I don't feel like I'm buying anything really because it's less expensive than my Tidal subscription.

I am not a fan of the subscription model but I can see why some people like it. Personally I think DJ software is very affordable (Traktor & RB are $99), its the hardware that gets pricey. A lot of dedicated controllers even come with a "free" license for the software included. I don't see how this model would benefit the DJ community. Now if DJ software cost over a thousand bucks I could see the need, but lets hope that never happens.
    Last edited by Redlight; 02-23-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer