Voted. Best of luck!
voted. good luck.
WTF! ![]()
Voted. Best of luck ![]()
Will check out tomorrow. And prepare for a second by second soul crushing critique whistle
Cheers for all your support guys; only 6 days to go and I’m in 7th so far
Slipped two places today though so a little bump of this ![]()
Voted for good track choices.
voted, good luck!
Just wanted to let you guys know that I made it through to the heats at BPM this year thanks to you guys! ![]()
If I win, I’ll be giving a big shout out to DJTT and [almost] everyone in the community!
congrats man! ![]()
Congrats dude!
Good work man, be sure to let everyone know how much of an influence I was to you.
i definitely voted, (forgot to say)
But I just listened to the mix for a second time today. And its great!
Got through to the live heats thanks to you guys, and won my heat to go through to the live final
Here’s my performance from the final:
page&v=2c5cvaTdhZU#t=746
My performance starts at 12:24 ![]()
The guy filming it cut the judges comments out but the mrs recorded it too so I’ll post that one up when I get back from BPM tomorrow! Thank you guys SO much for helping to give me this opportunity ![]()
God, 5 mins. Not long is it. I really like the military drums bit.
The first guy… well, words fail me. Second guy. Was he scratching with his head at one point? ![]()
Yes ahahaa.
The first guy won it, the song choices won’t be to everyone’s taste but his set did sound great in person; plus he did it all on a DDJ-WeGo which is pretty damn impressive. The second guy came 2nd place, because they didn’t think he could maintain that level of intensity for 4 hours. The last guy to play was the only one to have his actual MIXING criticised, but - like me - he didn’t have anything prepared for the final and just threw something together last minute, so its understandable.
They pulled me up on not really looking at the crowd and staying quite “isolated” on the stage, in my own little world kinda thing haha, which is a fair point and something I know I do anyway.
The first guy with the WeGo won it? I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the best DJ out there, but I was mortified at his first mix?
From I Need a Dollar to Dirty Stinkin’ Bass?
Am I wrong?
No. He was absolutely appalling.
Very un-musical, over use, or should I say abuse of FX. Tracks that I didn’t feel sit well at all together. A typical scenario of the wrong equipment getting into the wrong hands
.
Second guy had some technical skills, but just too much button hammering, and again un-musical mashing. I liked how he did the chicken dance by turning pots with both hands at the beginning tho.
I’m watching the second guy now, loves to backspin out into the next tune.
7.29 It’s awesome. Chicken dancing.
The violent hip thrusting made me feel extremely uneasy.