DJM 700 with Traktor 2.6 pro

Okay, so looking at that, A & B are set up with your Nexus’ as controllers, and your C & D outputs are routed through your Numark. What are you using to control them? Your F1’s?

As far as I can tell, that should be you, and you can use your mixer as normal in external mode.

Can you explain to me, how to use mixer in external mode, all I wanna do really use the mixer, and about F1’s I’ll have it set up later this is no problem, djm 700 is the problem now :smiley:

Have you activated HID control on the CDJs? Do you get any sound coming through any channels at all?

Well thing is, I dont have hid control, but 2000 nexus is just plug ant set what deck you want to control and play, I do have sound coming out but my concern is, mixer, mixer doesnt work at all, doesnt respond to nothing really

What exactly is working and what isn’t? If you have set a Traktor deck to control with the CDJs then you have HID control.

How can you have sound coming out if your mixer doesn’t work?

Out of speakers I had sound coming out, simple speakers to plug in the computer, that it, but not anymore, well everything is working, but the mixer, need to get that thing working somehow :X

EDIT

Ok, i had sound coming out but i went to traktor settings that the way you told me now no sound coming out, because mixer doesnt work, so need to get that thing working

The DJM 700 is a pretty simple hardware mixer. I don’t see how it can’t be working.

How have you wired everything up?

take a picture of how you have the back of you mixer plugged up. Where are your speakers plugged into?

I dont have good PA system at the moment, i have just some PC speakers that just plugs into Laptop and thats it, taking picture now

You have to plug your speakers into the mixer…

Mhh, I thought so, but again, my mixer is totally un-responsive in traktor, no faders, no highs low mids nothing, there are pics Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet

How did you end up with a pair of Nexuses without gaining some basic knowledge on how mixers work?

Connect your speakers to the Master Out of the DJM 700 and you’ll be sorted.

Edit: You need to connect your CDJs to the mixer too..

Ech, I thought it would be simple as that actually, bought them, I dont think I need connect my CDJ’s to mixer, unless I want to use rekordbox

Ok man.

  1. Looks like you have your soundcard RCA’s plugged into channels A and B (1 and 2). You need to plug in the CDJ RCA cables to channels A and B, that’s how you have it set up in Traktor. Decks C and D (3 and 4) are your soundcard. Those CDJ’s have built in soundcards…there’s no need for an extra soundcard if you are just controlling two decks. So plug the CDJ’s RCA cables into the mixers channel 1 and 2. Also flip the switch on your first channel to CD.

  2. Plug in your speakers to the mixer!!! You won’t hear anything if you don’t. Nothing will come out of you computer. You have XLT master out and also Master 2 with is RCA plugs.

you should try looking up some youtube videos. This is basic knowledge you will want to know.

you have to connect the CDJ’s. They are the soundcards you are using for Decks A and B.

He’s using Remix decks too, that’s what the DJ IO is connected for.

Ok. That’s a lot of coin in gear to not have a clue what your doing.

CDJ’s get plugged via USB to PC. Then via RCA to Mixer. Probably best using channels 2 and 3 for this, depending on how you want your set up. For example, I would want it looking like this:

Remix Deck (F1) → CDJ → Mixer → CDJ → FX (F1)

So you have Traktor decks A and B controlled by the CDJ’s, through channels 2 & 3 on your mixer.

Then you plug your F1’s into your laptop, and your IO into your mixers 1 & 4 channels.

So you have 4 RCA’s going to your mixer. One for each channel.

Then you need to connect your DJM’s Master Out to some speakers / Amplifier. Otherwise you will get no sound at all.

It sounds to me like you want your mixer to control Traktors internal mixer. This won’t happen with the soundcard you have, and your DJM is better than that anyway, so forget that idea.

Basically just plug the mixer into a stereo or amplifier and you should get sound out. You have no sound being output from the mixer currently, and that’s why you hear nothing.

Best reply ever! So then this weekend I’ll have to give another drive to shop to get some PA speakers, it is actually hard earned money for me, and I thought it would of been rather more less complicated to connect whole set up than it already is, so basically if I want to control 2 channels I dont need that soundcard? I’m using one F1 mapped for FX unit and another one for remix deck so this is pretty straight forward, you are right, I wanted to use djm 700 as traktor internal mixer, but now I do realise, that going externally is better, and when i connect speakers to mixer and use it as you said, i will be able to control music thats playing in traktor? so if I want use 2 channels I connect cdj’s to mixer through RCA’s (let say 1 and 2 channel) and then connect CDJ’s via USB to laptop to control in traktor? and PA system to mixer and i be ready to go?

Do you really need a PA system at home? You still need the DJ IO if you want to use a Remix deck too.

Almost. As makar1 said, you still need to output Traktor decks C & D to your mixer if you want to hear your remix decks, so you still need the Numark IO hooked up. Using an F1 entirely to control FX seems a little overkill to me, but if that’s what you want to do, then you probably only need one output from the PC > IO > Mixer. Personally I’d look for a mapping that allows you to control a remix deck and FX per F1, or one like that, and another controlling a track deck and FX, so you have 4 available sources regardless.

You don’t need a proper PA system. A pair of KRK Rokits, or Pioneer Monitors would be more than good enough for a home set-up. I use a 20 year old NAD stereo amplifier and 15 year old Wharfdale speakers for my home set-up, so you don’t need to be spending serious amounts of coin there either.

And if you want to record your mixes, the easiest way / cheapest way is to connect your rec out from the DJM to your microphone socket on your PC, then record in Audacity or similar.