Thanks a ton… I hope that you find it useful. If you do (or you don’t), please let me know! I could always use the feedback!
Speaking of feedback: to those of you who are finding value in these podcasts, it would be extremely helpful if you would leave me an honest review and rating in iTunes. This will help to get the podcast in front of people who are searching/browsing around. Not only that, but it will help me know what you like and dislike, so that I can keep it in mind for future episodes. I would be very much appreciative!
When I saw this podcast, I was quite excited to see a podcast used as a means to assist others in becoming better DJs. I immediately downloaded and started listening intently seeking any information that I can apply to my career.We all want to be better Dj’s and we all want to attain that level of greatness that is unique to each of us. We have blogs, videos, software, books and other sources of information assisting us in attaining this goal. A lot of the information provided these days are usually the same in context. While it always nice to see news and reviews, information on the psychology of what makes a Great Dj is scarce. This is what makes this podcast great and immediately hooked my attention. The approach is from the inside out.
Episode one clearly outlines the podcaster’s philosophies and gives the listener a summary of what to expect from this podcast. The introduction is excellent and well produced, and it sets the tone of professionalism, building an instant confidence and rapport with you as a listener. Believe me he does not disappoint you as a listener. The content is well structured, accurate and congruent with the outlined philosophies which are, provide value, know your purpose for Djing, do what is best for your this includes choosing the right gig and gear and think outside the box when it comes to finding the right gig. Over the course of the podcast, each point is presented with precision and detail transitioning into the next effortlessly.
It is my honest opinion this a great start for a podcast of this type. The podcast is imparting information while engaging the audience, prompting us to think about ourselves on a deeper level, a hallmark of great self-help and motivational content. Is it perfect? No. However, the podcaster has achieved his goal and presented a podcast that displays his passion and philosophies in an excellent manner. As a listener I enjoyed every minute of the podcast and was enlightened. The improvements I feel to be made are very small compared to the product that was presented so I choose to advise the podcaster personally without listing them in this review.
This podcast is definitely a must listen for anyone wishing to improve in their DJ career.
Thanks Dj Noriddim… I don’t even know what to say. The fact that you took the time to write such an in-depth review really means a lot. I’m really glad that you’re finding it valuable!
By the way, those suggestions of improvement… small as they may be… feel free to let me know any time what they are (either here or in a PM). I want to strive to make it the best it can be.
Awesome! Let me know what you think!
I have a couple of great interview sessions lined up, which I’m putting the show notes together for now. Can’t wait to share!
I’m excited to announce that episode 5 of the podcast will go live this coming Wednesday. The title is, The Life of a Full-Time DJ & The State of Modern Trance featuring Laurent Verronez, better known as Airwave. Laurent has some great insight and words of encouragement to share with you all.
This episode is pretty special to me, as someone who got into this whole thing via trance music back in the day. Over the years, I have found myself separated from a lot of modern so-called trance sounds, but Airwave truly makes some killer, dark, underground sounds that help me remember what brought me here in the first place.
Check out his track “Atlas Winds” if you’re not already hip to it, while you’re waiting for episode 5.
Hi folks! Welcome back for the fifth episode of the Passionate DJ Podcast. I’m excited to announce that this episode is an interview with someone who I hold in very high regard: Laurent Véronnez, better known as Airwave!
A 20+ year veteran in the underground dance music scene, Laurent has witnessed a lot: the digital revolution, the peaks and valleys of the prominence of trance music, and the commercialization of various flavors of “EDM”. Throughout all of this, Laurent has kept true to the sounds that move him.
Airwave is a hugely popular (and deeply respected) name in the dance music scene, with a very loyal fanbase. He is especially known for his work in the trance genre, both progressive and psychedelic, and is an open and honest speaker about the state of the industry. As such, I just had to get him involved with the podcast… and as you’ll hear, we had a fantastic discussion!
In episode 5, Laurent and I discuss:
What it’s like to be a traveling DJ and raise a family simultaneously
Why you have to be a little bit fully crazy to pursue music full-time
Why the accessibility of music creation tools today is such a good thing
Why Laurent would never go back to the days before the “digital revolution”
Why tools don’t make the musician
Where Laurent thinks the trance genre is headed in the future
Items mentioned in this session include:
The Airwave website, Facebook fan page, and Soundcloud.
The recently-released track “Game of Life”, containing the quote we discuss at about 15:30, which you can listen to here and buy here
The homepage of Alan Watts (quoted in the above track)
Atlas Winds – the production that got Airwave back on track with his music (one of my favorites!)
The recent live performance at Cherry Moon (full), which Laurent says is his favorite “gig moment” to date
Thank Airwave!
Laurent was so gracious to take some time out of his busy schedule to talk with the Passionate DJ community, out of his own love for music and desire to share his insight with other people who want to become better DJs through passion and purpose. I think he’s awesome for that, and so should you… so why not tell him?
Hey guys… just a quick update to thank you for making the Airwave interview my most listened podcast yet! (Sure, there’s only 5 episodes so far, but I’m still excited!)
Keep your eyes peeled for a new episode coming soon, but in the meantime, here’s a little infographic I put together… let me know what you think!
Here’s the easier to read version (resizing made it a little blurry…)
No problem, I’m glad you like it. It’s new for me so I wasn’t sure how it’d go over. In the future, I’m going to try to make them a bit more “Facebook friendly”.
Episode 006 of the podcast will be coming out soon, and will feature an interview with the one-and-only AK1200. He has a lot of great insight to share, so definitely keep your eyes peeled!
Thanks DarioJ and LiamC, I’m glad you are enjoying!
I just noticed the thread got moved to a new sub-forum. I’m a little disappointed because I’m afraid it won’t be noticed for what it is - a talk radio style podcast, rather than another mix series. I understand the decision to move it though. This is a thread that gets bumped a lot and they probably don’t want it cluttering up General Discussion.
That being said, maybe it is getting put in front of a few new sets of eyes now. If that describes you…welcome and enjoy!