now this i am interested in. Hopefully the price point is competitive. I had an s4, sold it, and now have been thinking of either going back to it, a twitch, or now this as a mobile controller… If its any smaller then the s4 im sold. Like twitch size would be amazing, but probably too cramped. One can dream though lol.
I was hoping for that — but looks like too many buttons. Layout is very Traktor’ish
I Agree…
Lets hope there is any type of direct interation between the jogwheel and traktor, HID PLEASE!
no thanks to HID… unless the jogs can’t be made to work as well in traktor using midi. still don’t understand why HID should be better than midi over usb. sure HID is less work probably more efficient for the engineers and all…
from the serato forums
WTF are all those buttons?
I take it back. That could be Itch. The FX area looks very similar to the Xone DX and the Vestax effects controller has that many parameters in Itch. Itch 2.0 has 8 cue points as well, as seen on Twitch. Not sure what all the button are in the bottom?
Looks kinda messy, but cool none the less.
looks cool
Even Bison thinks so!!
This is delicious!!
On a closer look… what are those red filter “knobs”? on the filter area it has a couple buttons too… perhaps some shortcuts to FX presets? Blood sample from the devil? I love RED!!!![]()
Wow I’m also hoping this comes out compatible with Itch. If it does, it could be the most portable Itch controller right now. It definitely looks smaller than the Ns6 and DX. If this controller is about the size of the Twitch…and runs with Itch…I just might switch…down the line! haha hope you enjoyed the rhyme. I still love my dx ![]()
vestax, more info please!
i have a feeling that this is for traktor as you can see the buttons in the middle section, the suqare layout seems like its meant for the loop recorder section like the s4
Definite traktor controller.. here’s my take on it..
image won’t load - it says it has errors…
edit: ah - i see u fixed it
Fixed, dunno what went wrong, changed hosting service.
only one button would be needed for deck A/C select etc - on or off - i’d bet those two are for play+cue
maybe the 4 u have for snap/quant/? could be snap/quant+ deck selects?
“load deck” could be scratch on/off? somewhere must be buttons to enable fx units 1/2/3/4 for decks a/b/c/d - or at least fx units 1+2 anyway
it’s definately an interesting set of controls - i love the twitch-ish-ness about it…
plenty of scope for custom mappings with this puppy anyway ![]()
would have been cool to have some touch strips in there - i know the twitch uses those instead of jogs, but i really like using touch strips with my two scs.3d’s… not that i’d get rid of those if i did buy a controller like this new vestax mind u…
I can’t stand touch strips, I tried the ones on the NS6.. and it’s just not accurate enough. I’ld end up using my mouse/trackpad.. maybe we need a dedicated small nano jogwheel controller lol pending patent, trademark, copyright, dibs!!!
would be cool
tho i guess the scs.3d and scs.3m have that covered - if they even still make them mind u?
i think a touch strip can be cool as a needle drop to jump quickly around a track, but i’d prefer jogs for fine tuning, also handy for effects params. i dont really have any controller with any encoders on so use touch strips instead,
this has to be the most interesting controller from the recent announcements anyway. i’m dying to know what the price might be…
I was thinking of getting a DJ2Go from Numark, simply for the jog wheels to match with something like my Oxy25v3 .. but apparently you can’t map it properly or something.. didn’t do much research
that’s a pretty basic little controller, cheap tho. the jogs aren’t touch sensitive so that limits what u can do with them i guess.
edit: i did look at that controller a bit - but i wanted to add touch sensitive jogs to my setup so went for the icon idj.
Ah, that must have been part of it.. problem with the Stanton strip controllers, over here (Canada) they are like 200$+ a piece..
i picked up both of mine (at different times) from ebay for about 50gbp each, 2nd hand but hardly used at all. total bargain at that price for what u get i reckon.