Some key phrases to get you by should you come to my house for tea.
“Oh Bollocks! I think I’ve gone and truly f*cked it” - Oh drat, I think I may have made the current situation somewhat more challenging.
“Bollocks to this!” - While I have enjoyed the endeavor thus far I feel it is time I excused myself.
“My bollocks are killing me” - It would seem that my masculine plumbing is generating a rather alarming volume of error messages.
“That’s bollocks!” - Kind Sir, I do not believe you are being entirely forthcoming with me in this matter.
“I just got a total bollocking” - I was severely reprimanded
“That’s the bollocks!” - I am quite confident that what I am seeing is very high quality indeed.
“That’s the dog’s bollocks!” I assure you with my dear mother’s life that you will find nothing of higher quality on the planet, NOTHING SIR!
Stanton t.62’s aren’t terrible. I have one along side my 1200 though and i can say for sure the 1200 is better. the brake works faster and it has noticeably more torque. for just starting out its good though. its pretty much a mock of the 1200 with a different face and an extra pause/play button. do some homework and stake out open box deals at your music stores to get them for cheaper.
Yes, I have had my balls licked, not by a dog though. Don’t know how you Brit’s like it, but whatever floats your majesty’s ship . Anyway. Looking into another set of 1200’s. M3G or M5G? whats the differences with them besides colors and the pitch control?
I’ve said it before, and I will say it again. The PT series from gemini isn’t too bad, and is much cheaper than technics. I’ve got the PT-1000s, and have had them almost a year, and no issues with them what so ever. Unfortunately you can’t adjust the tonearm height, but they have lots of torque, and if you are on a budget and can find them, I highly recommend.
Do not get anything Gemini, especially turntables. They have NEVER made anything of quality, and never will.
1200’s are king for several reasons, don’t settle for anything less. When the patent ran out, it was open season for other manufacturers, but I have yet to find anything the same. Sure, you might find tables with more torq, but the build quality is not going to be as good, and I bet the wow and flutter won’t be either.
Almost everyone I know who has bought something other than 1200’s has eventually “upgraded”
The PT series that Gemini put out are good. I have the PT-1000s, and they are great. Lots of torque, no center detent on the pitch fader, accurate pitch adjustment (according to traktor), solid despite being made of plastic, they have some weight as well. I wouldn’t recommend any other Gemini TTs except the PTs though.
Get some used technics 1200 MKII or 1210 MKII. I got a 1200 and 1210 for €250 and repainted the decks. Now I have nearly new turntables for less money. It’s very easy to repair/repaint them ;D