Broken Beats - post your DnB, Breaks, Dubstep tracks

Thanks. Yeah drums are perhaps the weakest part right now, i’m thinking about just deleting them and starting from scratch with different samples and patterns. Though that would probably be to radical :smiley:

Don’t think you need to go that far… keep the pattern and the samples.

Just layer some more samples over the ones you got to thicken them up! find a deeper snare sound to blend in for example…

Here’s my latest… nice slice of glitched dubstep… [TUNE] 48k - Shiverscrape [Dubstep] :wink:

Here’s something a bit ravey, a bit dancehall, a bit dubstep.

https://soundcloud.com/celebrity-murder-party/ban-this-sick-filth-without-frontiers

cool blend man! :sunglasses:

https://soundcloud.com/eyensee/just-go-eyensee

https://soundcloud.com/eyensee/secret-gardener-eyensee-http-www-eyensee-tv

props to everyone in this thread for having great taste in music.

now lets move forward, post your breakbeat influences and inspirations as well!!! (DJ’s and Producers)

believe it or not mine is DJ Dan, yes that one, he used to be a pure breakbeat DJ from 91’-97’ (my middle & highschool years). he was the best, nobody would drop a break set the way he did it back in the day.

when he started spinning house in 98’ I almost went mental, I went to a party and was expecting a great breakbeat set like a had heard just a month prior, and all of a sudden its all house music - my heart was broken - seriously. I still dont know how that happened so quickly.

I am uploading Dan’s greatest breakbeat mix ever (IMO) and I will post the link in an hour - live at future digitaria.

this is the mixtape that started the west coasts breaks craze from 94-2000.

I still cant get enough of this mix, and thankfully Dan posted a fresh & clean mp3 copy ripped from the original master so its still sounds “new” like the tape when you first got it.

I played 3 copies of this tape to death, literally until the tapes were no longer listenable.

those were some great years for breakbeats.

*Also a crazy plus one for Uberzone, he was the first producer who’s name and sound I knew by heart, still I can recognize a new song from him without anyone having to tell me its him.

check out “The Freaks Believe in Beats” and “Faith in the Future” for his best work, and his live shows with Davey Dave are FUCKING GREAT!!!

also there are a lot of old mixtapes available here - www.ezeskankin.com

DJ Dan Live at Future Digitaria 1994

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJLFARTL

i like where the thread is going! my latest one:

https://soundcloud.com/duttylectric/duttylectric-sonar-minimal-dnb-170bpm

comments welcome as usual!

This is a tune i just finished. I had the intention of it being played on a big system when i mas making it. would really appreciate some feedback on it.

https://soundcloud.com/festa/thunderskank

Dutty -cool track! good use of space :slight_smile: think you could let the drums have some more weight though.

Doeycrack- heavy stuffffff, a bit less sub would let the dynamics of the track breathe more though :wink: the bass sample at the start is cool, I think it’d be nice to hear that come back into the track at some point :slight_smile:

Sorry i don’t have my production gear all together!!
When i finally get my shit together i’ll start making some beats :slight_smile:

Cool man thanks for the advice. i got the remastered version you sent me on sound cloud and see what you mean about the sub bass haha.. I think the reason there was so much of it was because i made the track using $20.00 earphones lol. Will have a play round with that sample aswell when i get some free time.

This is another track i just made.
Completely different to the last one.. Liquid-ish drum nd bass. Let me know what you think :slight_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/festa/another-world

ALOT of love for that tune. i really like liquid dnb and this ones great. not perfect, but i love the overall drive and composition. great drums, great percussion and nice feel. would give it a different name though.

What’s up gentlemen (and possibly ladies)?

I just finished a touched-up version of a remix I did a year ago of Clint Mansell’s “Lux Aeterna” (ie: The song from Requiem For a Dream).

^ nice one lambox, very nostalgiac for me heheh. i remember back when i was a little shit the first time i dropped acid was chillin at a buddies he asked me “hey have you ever heard of Requiem for a Dream? i picked this up at the video store, it sounds like a cool movie.”

what a terrible movie to watch on your first acid trip hahahahaha, good times.

^ Oh man what a poor choice of movie given the circumstances! :eek:

That movie tweaks me out when I watch it sober…

let me throw in my latest ragga dnb tune. i just really need a clean acapella to motivate me on finishing it :confused:

https://soundcloud.com/duttylectric/duttylectric-nah-rape-feat-sizzla

love where this thread is going btw.

like the last one alot btw, lambox.