I’ve got a pair of the SC-2000’s and the DN-X120. I use an Audio2DJ for an interface. I really like the setup so far. The only drawback to it is you only get 2 decks. I don’t like using the different layers, so I got two units.
Thanks for the great feedback !
Actually we did ask many DJs for their feedback and the SC2000 was the result of it.
i don’t have any problems with it, i’m just echoing the the feelings of some of the users with “fat finger syndrome”.
As i said previously, i gigged with them live last week, and loved them. They did everything i asked from them, and even riased my game a little, and after 25 years in the game (yes i am old!)
… i found that very satisfying.
So much so i feel confident enough to buy another “all-in-one” system in the new year, namely the MC-6000.
I’ll PM you with a few questions about it though.
The Denon X120 is a good stable 2 channel mixer, so the minimum kit you would need is.
1 x SC2000 (this swaps channels with one button press, the LEDS change colour so you don’t get confused where you are)
1 x audio interface, i’d go for the Audio 4DJ and use the separate outputs direct to the mixer, then you have the denon controlling the sound output and PFL. (you also get to use Timecode if you have Scratch Duo/ Scratch Pro and turntables).
Once i buy the MC-6000 i’ll probably sell my Audio 4DJ, and I think you will see a few Audio4’s coming onto the market second hand soon, with people upgrading to the NI S4.
If you haven’t already got Traktor Duo / Pro, take advantage of the offers now before NI put the price up again.
Well i was going to give you a link for the offers, but it looks like the NI store has nothing left! It was a brilliant offer, i would have suggested the Scratch Duo with Audio 4 bundle, which was cheaper than buying the Audio 4 on it’s own … perhaps a google search will help you find a store that still has stock.
Whatever you choose, have fun with it, get used to creating mappings for yourself, and remember one thing … it’s the music thats important, not the kit you play it on …
Say I were to purchase 2 DN-SC2000’s and a DDM4000 mixer. What else would I need to make this setup work with my Macbook Pro? Thanks in advance. ![]()
You would need a sound card.
Thanks for the quick reply. So just a simple Audio 2? Or an Audio 4? I would like to be able to use all 4 channels.
Audio 4 will work out nice.
Just out of curriosity is the pitch slider knob replace able?
You mean in case of fault?
Yes, everything is.
i mean in case like i wanted to use a UV knob
If you want to use four channels you’ll need an audio8 or an ESI Gigaport. The Audio4 only has 2 stereo outputs. You could run every thing in mono but it’s not always ideal.
I use two of the SC2000’s but only use two decks. I like to keep things simple. I get lost using multiple layers, mostly cause I drink far too much.
Sure, why not.
I noticed a significant difference in price between the Gigaport and Audio 8. Is there really a big difference in sound quality or is it like comparing a DDM4000 to a DJM 800, where the DDM4000 is just a great product for the price?
Great thread… Barring any MAJOR significant announcement at NAMM, 2 SC2000s will be in my hands in a couple weeks![]()
I don’t own the gigaport but I hear great things about it. The major difference between it and the Audio8 is the Gigaport doesn’t have any inputs. If you want to record your set, you’ll need the inputs. If you don’t want to record, save your money.
Has anybody ran a set of these with an S4? I like using different layers, especially when mixing House etc but i find switching between the decks with C/D button can become quite confusing, not to mention if you press the wrong button thinking its another deck…