Sounds good. Looking forward to having a crack at this!! ![]()
all dubstep sounds same to me though… so i’ll side majority on what gets picked there.
picking TWO tracks from each genre? I love the idea but picking these is going to be nightmare!
Where to start… loving scary monsters and nice sprites by skrillex in terms of dubstep, and you can never go wrong with a bit of nero, innocence is a fantastic track… There’s also scatta by skrillex ft foreign beggars… So much to choose from. Someone needs to take executive decisions on this and I guess it’s only fair if it’s brad!
I really like this concept. I really think it should stick to one genre however. This could be something that’s done over in multiple genre “competitions” if you will. I think a poll could/should be in order to figure out the order, and then maybe track suggestions could be posted up after.
After this one is done, doing another completely different genre would be a great follow-up. Just to get an idea of how the same people mix different styles of music.
Throwing everything all into one pot, while maybe entertaining, isn’t something I generally go out of my way to listen to, or honestly mix. Maybe a funky DnB or House tune in my Dubstep sets, but never all over the place like that. I imagine other people are in a similar boat, though I could be wrong.
10 tracks. One Genre. Different DJ’s. Go. Switch Genre’s and repeat as necessary.
edit My suggestion would be to start with a House compitition, and then maybe a Dubstep, then a DnB, then Breaks… so on an so forth.
we need an official for each style. i’m taking breaks
argue among yourselves who deals with the others ![]()
i agree… this is all brainstorming right now…
other opinions?
but this is the interesting thing about this. i don’t do this much neither (i one whole night maybe, but not in an 1 hour mix), but this IMHO the real challenge behind it..
another good point…
hmmm, logistical nightmare, or several smaller nightmares…? lol
I like the idea of mixing the genre’s in one mix. Give someone their comfort zone and then take them out in one mix. I think in the end there’s more of a chance of this getting done and not talked about for weeks on end.
I’ll take House unless some else wants it then I can take Techno. What about keeping our selections secret and unveiling them on say Tuesday? Mixes have to be finished in two weeks. Another idea is to start a mixcloud account and have one person load the mixes without names just numbers and people vote on say #6 is their favorite in a poll in a separate thread.
kind of the original thought, and i have experience with most stuff 'cept dubstep… so i’m pretty safe ![]()
and there’s more variantion i think.. like one could do dubstep->dnb->techno->house->breaks->whatever and the other one just mixes the other way around or just two of each genre in a row..
like that idea
hmm… i think knowing who it was wouldn’t affect (or is it effect?) the voting that much…
sounds like a plan..
If we do the vote bit polls are limited to 15 items so that would mean 15 entrants.
i’ll edit the first post with who’s got which genre decision
so:
15 entrants
Two breaks (bradcee??)
two dubstep (weltraumpapst??)
two D&B,
two House (photojojo??)
two Techno
Where do we get the tracks from>? maybe it should tracks from producers here on DJTT?
take even longer to sort. if you some tracks you wanna put forward of your own then drop a link here and we’ll see.
be easier if they readily available.
We need 2 more tune pickers, reveal tunes on tuesday, but i’m thinking e-mail Ean maybe to get this on homepage?