This is Techno ???

BTW you forgot to congratulate me on my 1,000 post :disappointed:

lol

deep-house, new deep-house, tech-house, techno,… whatever, if it fits, it sits!

I search in a similar way. And it makes it more interesting, for me!!

But i can ā€˜see’ what the OP wants to say, i searched like that in my earlier years. It can be frustrating.

i still have no idea who disclosure is…and i dig like a mf’er…

I dig by looking through artists/labels I like, it ends up like one long chain if you do it right.
A lot of the stuff under the ā€˜indie-dance’ genre is pretty deep, which I wouldn’t find just looking through the deep house genre. A lot of stuff labelled tech house is more deep house than tech house. I guess what I’m saying is there are better ways to find music than by someone elses genre criteria.

I like deep house and I like techno. I didn’t so much like that song. On the subject of Disclosure I googled them and I found 20 tracks on Beatport. Of those 20 only three were labeled as Deep house.

Disclosure is Hipster Tech.

Detroit Techno… just gonna leave that one to float out there.

THIS! +1

I never use Beatport anymore, 99% of it is shitty EDM tracks now, especially if you use the chart systems.

I’ll let you into a little secret (probably not much of one), but here is an amazing site to use http://www.1001tracklists.com/.

Gives the track names of DJs latest sets. Amazing site that I’ve been using for a good few years. What you’ll find is, is that you’ll have a track for weeks before it even enters the Beatport charts.

Maetrik is Maceo Plex’ ā€˜techno’ producing name. He does actually produce deep house under Maceo Plex.
The track you posted totally isn’t ā€œdeep houseā€ lol. It’s definitely way more techno than any deep house..

Beatport’s genre labelling isn’t exactly anything to live by anyway haha

if that track is techno then Ben Klock plays trance.

I would suggest the reason it has ended up in the Techno genre is down to it being released under the Maetrik name and not Maceo Plex.

That’s the techier end of Techno. Adam Beyer had it on one of his Drumcode Radio shows.

Yeah, it’s not straight techno but I was just saying its definitely more tech than deep house.
Timbo21 is right what he’s saying it has probably just been slammed in the techno section as Maetrik is Maceo’s more techy production side.

But yeah that hasn’t got nothing on proper techno, Marcel Dettmann, Shed, Mark Broom, etc.

Yeah I remember that!
Even Beyer has started dropping ā€˜deep house’ lately now haha

Adam Beyer managed to euthanize an entire pool party at WMC. SLS Hotel.
Maybe he should play more deep house when the sun is blazing and the bikinis are wet.

Karlos sounding like Hitler

hah yeah that came to mind when I read that

fixed that for you:

Thanks Xone.

Gotta be honest though. Karlos and Hitler sum up my feelings on this. I’m another old fart who used to play deep house and some of the new stuff that is classed as deep clearly isn’t.

I’d say that’s closer to tech-house than techno and deep house, if id put it in any of the Beatport genres