This may get messy!!!!!

The grand piano really killed the harpsichord for me.

The number of people on this forum that make a living from DJ’ing is no where near enough for the number of people that take this whole whatever vs whatever argument way to seriously.

The W vs. W argument is a reason to be thankful I don’t make a living from DJing. Tedious.

I agree controllers are shit even though I just got S1 because thats the best controller that resembles using CDJ. And I had ddj t1 and no S1 and T1 are completely different. THey look almost exactly the same they are wayyy different and im not talking about software.
I think they are overpriced (IMO S1 should cost like $400 max) but you cant beat them for portability. What people need to understand that you will always have two types of gigs:

House Party, Radio show etc - something that you have completely control over and controllers works best here because of ease of hooking them up and weight.

Club Environment - People need to understand that if you are not big shot, forget about bringing controllers to the club. Iam not talking about some small club and a place where you have residency. So my solution is. For small gigs im using S1 which really resembles CDJs. And if I get a gig in a club I prepare couple of CDs with Tracks and im good to go. Some of you will say that without controller you wont be able to give them the same experience like on CDJs. Solution? Leave production for home and when you have a gig play your tracks and interact

EDIT: My comments on these 3:

Now before I get lynched let me explain.
1. They are massively overpriced! (Just look at that new toy Pioneer have released, even the S4 is a rip off in my opinion)
I agree, Its basically bunch of plastic with a sound card.

2. They turn every tom, dick and harry into a DJ
Yup, but at the same time it gives people, who cant afford serious equipment, a chance to see if they really want to get into it. It creates competition
3. The ‘cool’ sets people like Ean produce would just bore me to tears in a club (Maybe this is just down to what i want to hear though, admittedly) Its kind of a poor mans scratch DJ.
I agree LOL i dont care whether you pressed 200 buttons in a minute or one .. and all of these FXs and scratching on top of the track makes the track sound like garbage. The funniest video is when he is doing controllerizm promoting S2 LOLzzzzzzzzzz it supposed to look all cool but in reality nothing is going on there … and it looks boring but then again Props for him for creating something that didnt exist and selling it.
Everyone will tell you that if you can not compete in an area you invent something new and then you are a pioneer in this field. thats what I think happen here.
and dont get me wrong, im not big shot and im not even close to Ean I just treat music as hobby and enjoy playing it. thats why I do it. i dont pursue fame, if it comes nice, if it doesnt fine, I have a regular job that pays my bills


the flutophone really killed the pan flute for me…

As soon as neolithic man stretched animal skin over a skull and made a drum, grunting was over for me.

HAHAHAHA!!!

going in in my sig…thanks… :slight_smile:

That’s a good one.

And yes, the mammals killed all the fun with good old dinosaur hunting, I say I say, I say.

Ok, Ok lets see…

As soon as the Bacteria climbed out of the primordial swamp it was all over for me. Next minute everything had a vertebrae and everything was ruined.:smiley:

It was when the Velicoraptors ate the vinyl and that meteriote delivered the sync function that the rot set in.

I’d like to go on record as stating that the title of this thread should’ve been, “This may get redundant.”

how can you be a dj for 16 years and have not seen this phenomenon before. im going to call bullshit because of that fact alone.

i remember everyone complaining about the same thing when gemini released their “complete coffin” setups for around 800 back in the day. everyone said the same stuff back then too.

all the fad dj’s quit. the 2% that didnt stayed on to be dj’s or quit after the scene was just too dead to be worth buying vinyl for, and then came back when mp3’s became the norm.

the only thing all these entry level dj’s will bring to the market, is super cheap used entry level gear within 2 years.

the fact that you dont remember this happening before, really makes me question your authenticity OP. seriously.

bfail

Though youre being a little rude to OP… I must agree, same as it ever was.

ive never been known for my candor. you know that. its what happens when you do your jr. high years in texas. just ask itajen

Here is the mexican… Señor i used to play some bass and dance, some guitar and dance… Came to america i discovered rock and dance, pop and dance, rap and dance, electronica and dance, salsa and dance and so on and on… I discovered hip hop dropped mi accordion and bought myself a pair of technnics got some vinyl try to learn how to scratch…discovered traktor and here iam. Now im a controllerist with 2 turntables a mf classic and a launchpad… Make people dance… Still mexican and still play accordion music plus 20 or more genres as well…passion amigo no matter how you do it. God bless

btroll

yawns is this a dream? am i awake? going back to sleep. anyways this forum is call djtechtools not djforum. why bother dear sir joining this forum if you want to blurp out another repeated thread on this same topic again and again and again. ok please somebody wake me up if this is over