CDJ-2000 looks like it has been discontinued- time for the CDJ-2000 Nexus speculation

Conspiracy nut inside me says NI will adopt Advanced HID straight off the bat with these as Serato paid money to be the sole Advanced HID software for the CDJ2000mk1s. Nexus mixer TSP certified Nexus CDJ2000 TSP certified.

While highly speculative this sounds reasonable to me. The CDJ2000 integration could be better in Traktor.

Where did you get the information that Serato is the only software to support Adv. HID on the CDJ2000?

I’m tired of this politics mumbo-jumbo but I will soon get sucked even deeper in it when I work for NI.

I think 500 is a lot.
The CDJ-2000 probably costs around 300 per unit. If you add engineering, marketing, shipping, warehouse costs, all the operational costs and what not it’s probably up in the 500 price range total. Pioneer is notorious for making big margins.

There’s no info to the contrary.

Not sure if you’re serious about working for NI but I doubt you’ll be able to say anything about the subject if you ever do

Really? I’m so sick of NIs politics with scratch certification and if this is true then advanced HID. Really though I just suspected NI didn’t develop advanced HID because it would mean fewer copies of Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and Audio 10s sold.

It would make me pretty happy if NI did offer advanced HID and they improved the screens and offered scrolling waveforms. Something close to a full Traktor deck on each CDJ would be sick.

anyway check out these CDJ-2000s

Why wouldn’t I?

…and yes I won’t be able to talk but at least know what is going on.

@Xone: Are these yours ? :stuck_out_tongue:

This. So much. NI are being jerks on the whole Scratch certification thing.

Insurance scam, waiting for the mk2 to be released :smiley:

I work in a electronic retailer shop(although no pioneer dj gear i do sell speakers, home cinema aplifiers, blu rays and stuff from them. However i gave them a call recently asking for the price of cdj 2000 and it was really high compares to other deals i for example made with canton, yamaha etc.. So i duno bout their margins, however the retailers margins on pioneer cdjs aint high..
Its funny cuz they are a “budget” brand in the hifiworld:slight_smile:

Well i wasn’t comparing to super high end audio more like talking about dj products.
There margins for the dealer aren’t much bigger than other manufacturers but in dollars it’s more because there product is more expensive.
When i say margin i’m saying the gross profit margin that Pioneer is making when selling to the dealers.

That’s what I heard as well. My local DJ-equipment candyman couldn’t give me a better price on CDJ2000s and DJM2000 than the bigger stores without loosing money.

Dont see a problem there either. They wanna sell their stuff.

I wonder how many CDJ2000s have been sold..? Does anyone have a figure?

I mean, ive no idea at all. My local store doesnt even sell CDJ2000’s like many UK stores cus they are a finance risk. There’s a stupidly high percentage of CDJ2000s bought in UK on stolen credit cards that it has actually stopped shops from selling them. Serious.

I mean I don’t blame them and it makes sense, it’s just disappointing knowing that it probably won’t happen where SSL will get full advanced HID support since it requires rane hardware anyway. NI should just support advanced HID and only unlock it to owners of Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software and not Pro 2 and everyone would be happy.

Allrite then i understand you.
Yeah perhaps pioneers margins are high, would be fun to know how high although.

Well shit. The venue I work at just bought four CDJ-2000’s, expecting the same product life of the CDJ-1000 MK3..

Well they did have the same product life as the CDJ-1000MK3s. MK3s were are for three years before getting replaced by the 2000s and the 2000s came out in 2009.

My friend was telling me about this, but I didn’t really believe it, but that’s insane. I cant imagine how that’s affecting the market. Sure they’re loosing less money from the stole cards, but are they going to lose sales for them now that they’re not in stores? Because not everyone is willing to dish out 2K online.

What I’m wondering though is: Why only for the 2000s? Because I’d imagine this has being going on for a while with other gear too, but they’re still in stores, so is it because of the cost of the 2000’s alone? And with new Pioneer CDJs and mixers coming out (which will surely cost as much as the cdj2000) will they be sold in stores in the UK? It doesn’t really impact me much, but just interesting to hear.

did they think the 2000’s came out last month? they have been out for almost 2-1/2 years now, The 1000’s were updated every 2-3 years so the 2000 would be right on track if they update them soon

QFT. US prices are dirt cheap compared to what we in Europe have to pay (applicable to any electronics device as well as clothing and probably loads of other stuff too)

This leak predicted the DJM-850 release correctly, although it looks like it’s the DJM-800 that it’s replacing. So we may just see a cdj-2000 nexus soon. The only odd one out here is the DJM-250, that was announced a long time ago. Maybe it’s meant to be a CDJ-250?