CDJ-2000 looks like it has been discontinued- time for the CDJ-2000 Nexus speculation

Well I don’t think that Serato paid money for being the only one with Advanced HID support because even Virtual DJ supports Advanced HID (Although I don’t know how good, but didn’t hear anything negative so far).
Also Pioneer stated that anyone can get the specification and implement Advanced HID with a DJ software.

Here’s my Advanced HID petition, glad if you could sign it too:

Hope it’s okay that post it here? NI didn’t like it in their forum, obviously…

In the meantime NI should fix all the timecode CD bugs (e.g. cue point jumping, …) they introduced with 2.1.2 - Those are pretty annoying, especially since I get to play with CDJs more often than before. In my opinion such an important feature shouldn’t stay buggy for more than a week - So how long are we waiting already? -.-

Technically ( from a retail standpoint ) Karlos statement kills the cost theory.

When the MPC 2000XL hit, a similar thing happened. But stores stopped carrying it ( or made it special order only ) because the insurance loss was too high based on the high cost of the product.

What might be happening is they only cost $300-500 to make, but they sell them at $1100-1300 wholesale, which would make far more sense.

Of course that’s still a hefty profit.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/newsroom/news/news/djm-250/index.html

Any news on this yet ?

Expect them at Musikmesse Frankfurt which is held from 3-21 till 3-24.

@Karlos, my local store is the same they dont stock 2k’s you have to order through them (i still dont see why you would order through a shop and not just buy them yourself through pioneer)

hmmm possibly for the local support, or they offer some type of warranty? Who knows.

I would speculate that their making each unit for even less than $300. From what I can see the three most expensive things in the 2k’s are the LCD screen, The Disk Drive and the Touch resistive membrane (Im assuming its touch resistive) used for searching threw tracks. Everything else when bought in massive quantities cost next to nothing per unit. I would also say that the disk drive cost less than $20 pioneer have been using disk drives for years im sure they can get them dirt cheap from manufacturers.

I must agree though that when you take in R&D, manufacturing, packaging, marketing ect i would say the cost per unit jumps up about 40-50% bringing the price to more like $600 per unit so ya overall theirs a pretty hefty profit on 2k’s.

I’ve been reading on Twitter from a few sources that the shops have almost sold out of the white CDJ2000.

I think it was a marketing exercise to get rid if remaining stock (1000 units)

April is looking likely for a refresh???

Of course, my local store gives another year of warranty on top of the 1 year warranty of krk’s

So messe has passed and still no word?

Nope, nothing, just the RMX-1000…

seems stupid to wait any longer for marketing the new model, soon it’s summer and then people wanna relax and take business another time.

about 1 more week plus & it’s April…patiently waiting

getting impatient now. i am concerned about the resale value of my 900’s dropping after increased public knowledge concerning pioneers’ new and discontinued cd players.

i wouldn’t be too overly concerned about that. when the new cdjs come out they will be 2500s a piece. you will be able to find 2000s for like 1000-1200 a piece and your 900s for about 700-900 a piece.

But like everything you’re better off selling before the new ones come out, not as many people know as you think. Not everyone is big on forums.

Hmmm getting close to april

Weren’t you considering staying away from the cdj route? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still probably not going to buy a pair but I’m interested. If it brings CDJ-2000 prices down a lot I would consider a pair at some point.