The colour waveforms are for you to be able to see from a glance what type of sound it is.
Frequency wise. So its a visual Que.
I like the fact that you can zoom into teh waveform now…MUCH tighter grids I would recon!
The colour waveforms are for you to be able to see from a glance what type of sound it is.
Frequency wise. So its a visual Que.
I like the fact that you can zoom into teh waveform now…MUCH tighter grids I would recon!
yeah, i don’t see the big deal about colored wave forms. i never get confused about where bass kick is (hint it’s the biggest line).
the looping is nice, but as i’ve seen mentioned on a number of other blogs/forums, where are the warpable (flexable?) beat grids?
that’s the number one practical thing the software needs. it’s really annoying when a track kicks in after a breakdown off the grid. sure i can manually match it, but the software should be more flexible. (i guess the traktor team doesn’t have the technical expertise to deal with this issue…)
having 16 loops available is cool in theory, but i’m sure that only 3% of traktor users would use that feature in a club, and only half of them of them would sound good.
[quote=“mmusic, post:22, topic:19645, username:mmusic”]
having 16 loops available is cool in theory, but i’m sure that only 3% of traktor users would use that feature in a club, and only half of them of them would sound good.
[/quote]I bet half of them use it and 3% will sound good ![]()
For those that have never used colored waveforms…once you do, you’ll understand the hype.
I remember the first time I plugged in Itch I could see what colors made what sound, and it had nothing to do with the size of the wave but the tone of color. So red made the sound of lows. You knew when you had a steady row of red waves that you had a nice beat going. The magic comes when you see what tone of red it is. It is a dark sounding low = darker red. Without ever listening to the song you can see the what the tone is, when it changes when a background is going to start to come in.
So many folks use “cue” points to makr their tracks where vocals start or end, where the first breakdown starts. Where the intro ends, etc. No need for that anymore. A colored waveform displays all of that.
¿Qué?
You make some good points, particularly about flexible beatgridding, but I’m still excited by this release. Just can’t decide whether to upgrade to a TA10… I definitely don’t need it, but how much do I want it… ![]()
btw there is already a way of setting a beat grid without taking up a cue point but it’s a bit laborious. It has something to do with the map button but i forget exactly how you do it, there’s a tutorial around somewhere.
It’s a preference setting in S4 and I’m sure that will carry over to T2. It felt strange the first few times I used cue one for an intro loop.
I understand the request for Flex-Grids (thought id add a new name to the debate) but the Sampler was always what this version of Traktor was gonna be about.
The Sampler was the most requested feature and it took some time to develop.
There was no way that a Sampler/Loop recorder and Warpable grids were gonna be introduced in one go. Way to much for one update to do it well.
I reckon that a warp feature will be the next big thing.
This is a guess, there is certainly nothing happening that i know of (otherwise i wouldnt be saying it).
Makes so much sense for it to be the next big thing on the list
Yeah I would like to know too!
But my Internet is down and I’m just using my iPhone at the mo.
Pricing for upgrade from Traktor scratch pro - Tsp2 ?
Also
The cost for buying Tsp2 outright (without upgrade frm tsp)
In UK pounds please.
If someone could tell me that would be very nice!
Thanks.
There are a few options for you Will. Youll have to the the Euro to Pound conversion.
TSP1 - TSP2 (software only) = 69 euros
TSP2 - Outright buy inc Audio 10 = 599 euros
But there is also:
TSP1 - TSP2 Hardware Upgrade (including Audio 10) Special Offer for 3 months = 399 euros
$79 in US or £49.23
$669 US or £416.92 includes Audio 10
There’s also a $339 US or £211.26 upgrade option that includes an Audio 10 if Your a current TSP owner.
Thanks Karlos,
Much appreciated!
The 3 month deal looks good for me, just need to sell my tsp with audio 8 when the time comes and ive upgraded of course, which i can do right?
Thanks also too Photojojo,
I forgot to say, see the 3 month special deal is that online/direct from NI
Or can you get it from retailers too?
Thanks again
Dunno yet, i think it will just be via NI as its limited.
I can see a LOT of people doing this upgrade. The whole lot for the price of the soundcard is quite a deal.
Yeah its very good deal, I’ll keep me eyes peeled on that one.
Thanks again.
This may be asking too much lol, but in your opinion is that the kind of thing that we’d have to wait for a whole new version for or could it come in a 2..?
What would be the cheapest way to go from Tracker Pro to Tracker Scratch Pro 2 including the hardware?
I don’t think there’s an upgrade path from Traktor Pro. You’d have to buy a full version of TSP 2.
but you didn’t mention video plugins, or a built in torrent support, or a feature to control LFO with my farts… hmmm…
I genuinely dont know. The Devs are always up to stuff so who knows, this feature may already be in the lab. Id be surprised if it wasnt but…???
I think it will be this year. Dunno if it will be a 2.? or Traktor 3 (seems familiar
I hope its this year.