Moom…
BunnyTiger absolutely killed 2014…
Suara and OFF killed it in 2014. All over the Top 10 fighting off Guetta, Avicii and the other clowns.
Agreed. Not a fan of techno/tech house, but Suara had some great stuff in that department.
Holic Trax, Perlon, Clone, Eglo, Ostgut Ton
Suara did have some killers.
Recondite is always good for tech IMO, and Deepchord / echospace for some dub.
Toolroom, Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep, LouLou Records, and Spinnin’ Deep are my top 5 at the moment.
Any obscure labels for more house-based stuff? Really feeling that classic sounding house atm.
Check out 89:Ghost, Ultra Knites, My Love Is Underground and Skylax. And anything Glenn Astro does. These all remind me of that old school, classic house.
Hotfingers, Suara, Milk & Sugar, Deer Dear, Defected, and Stereo Productions are some that I can think of off the top of my head.
None of that is even remotely close to the classic house sound.
@nudedudewithattitude: check out Beste Modus and Unison Wax from Berlin ![]()
Just checked these out. You, my friend, are thee man. Just what I wanted. ![]()
And you could also have a look at Music is Love, 124 Recordings, Wax Classics and the like.
Music is Love and 124 Recordings were probably the only labels I followed with that classic sound before I started this thread. Such good stuff. I see what you, amadeus, and imnotdedyet are trying to do here. I will not convert to vinyl! ![]()
Then check out MCDE and Electric Minds (the Move D releases in particular), available on wax as well as digitally. If you like classic Detroit house, look at FXHE, Wild Oats and NDATL.
LOL, glad I could help. Love those labels!
Yeah, Music Is Love is putting out some really nice stuff lately.
Well, Defected did back in the day. I’ve stopped paying attention to what they’re releasing these days…
LOL, not trying to convert you at all. I don’t know if these labels also do digital releases, but they put out some great music in that style and you can follow a number of them on soundcloud.
Still very much worth a nose are Defected and DFTD, some really good stuff on there. Cannot fault how hard Simon Dunmore and his team have worked over years.
Label wise, so good to see so many doing good things. I tend to check quite a few, but certainly doing the business for me at the moment for Deep & Soulful House/Garage are Quantize and Unquantize, Unique2Rhythm, Bit On The Side, Simma Black, City Soul Recordings, miniMarket, Body Rhythm, Seven Music, Lapsus, Tony Records, Electronical Reeds, Mind Medicine, Good For You Records.. lol quite a few there ![]()
Flyance is another label, bit deeper and more hit or miss whether you’re really going to get that old school house sound IMO, but they’ve got some of that sound, and put out great music nonetheless…
Some of these labels posted are great.
My favorite as of late is Suara.