The ONE is here!

Bleh see I got a different impression personaly. To each their own I suppose.

At 50 bones whos it really going to hurt. They must be alot of GPL technology and be some tech students who forgot about modularity in their OOP classes hehe. Should be interesting to see how it progresses after release

i like how all the gear on the main page is beat to crap.

lol +1

HAHAHA…I saw the same.

My first thought was…damn…that mixer is beat!

Yeah thats not a ripoff from Abletons site or anything hehe

I cannot say this is tearing up any trees for me. I already have Virtual DJ as well as Traktor so I am waiting for Atomix to get VDJ 8 released (mainly for the timeline function). Note to Atomix "Hurry up!".

I don’t see much point in adding another piece of software at this stage.

As for no MAC support at initial release, i just cannot understand that at all. Seems a bit of a cock up.

I had another go:
the audio routing is AMAZING even when planning a simple layout.
As for effects, not that many but you want 6 effects racks of 10 fx each and daisy chain them, you can, and want to add post faders effects, you can. But three racks also, yes possible too.
It opens a LOT of possibilities.

Yes a lot of editing features would need the mouse, but that’s not the point, the software offers both a editing aspect and a djing aspect, being able to use the two at the same time is up to you. I’ll stay with the djing side of things for now. Looks fun.

For the aesthetic aspect, you can even upload your own background images and position them ho w you see fit, it’s a detail of course but one can imagine to put his own dj logo(s) on the background.

It looks cool, but if we think we have a problem with sync debates now, the ability to layer tracks like that and let them play is going to infuriate some people. downloading the trial now on my desktop.

It has happened before with people playing live with Ableton in arrangement view.

Who has the time during a set to do that though? That’s my only question. I see this more as a pre-daw, idea scratch pad type thing, not practically implemented during a live situation.

I think the best use for it is to overlay an acapella quickly and effectively, that is useful for any DJ whether they use sync or not.

As a VDJ user, I just but I acapellas over in a different deck, and overlay it like that. Isn’t that quicker than copy pasting something into a track that’s already playing?

The problem is when people spend two weeks before a set getting it all together and then just pressing play. If they’re doing other stuff like live performing then imo that’s okay. There’s some though that will do that, twiddle some knobs and call themselves a superstar.

Hardwell? :stuck_out_tongue:

why would you do it while the track is playing? I would do it in preparation for a set and save it for later.

My bad, I thought you meant live. And why wouldn’t you? Vocal loops are an awesome tool, especially ones that everyone knows in tunes they don’t (like: "Everyday I’m shuffling, Everyday I’m … " looped over some minimal bass techno whilst playing with the filters, adding a whole new melody and feel. Love to do that).

For a split second I tought the title was about the XBOX One.. thank god it wasn’t.