I did a stress test of 2.5.1 with my studio MacPro setup tonight. The lock key glitches are gone and after 30 minutes of doing analysis of files + playing two tracks + effects + anything else I could think of to load the CPU like crazy == works fine! Good.
Ok i have a problem. I am a Macbookpro user. When i updated everything went well. When i shut the program down intentionally it said it had unexpectadly quit and when i opened it again all my playlists que points ect had gone. I did everything that it said was advised when installing so is there a way to get my playlists back. It all seemed to be there & working before it quit.
Traktor asks you if you wish to import your old libraries/playlists into the new 2.5.1 upon first starting the program. Did you accidentally click no?
No i clicked yes and they were there to start with but when i shut the program down there was a mesage that said traktor quit unexpectadly and when i re opened it they were gone?
Your traktor crashed while saving the collection. Unfortunately when this happens the file is corrupted.
Grab the collection.nml file and copy it back to the new tratkor folder from the previous.
So I installed and immediately opened it up on my clubs CDJ2000s as I was anxious to see the new HID updates. The version worked fine for the 30 minutes I spent playing tracks and testing out functions but The CDJs only populated half of the wave, the rest was blank. Also the browsing on the CDJ screen was useless because it would not match what was currently highlighted in Traktor. The Traktor Highlighted track would load not the CDJ screen track, which would be different at times. This makes the CDJ browser useless. The A,B,C, Hot Cues on the CDJs would be populated by cues 2,3,4 in Traktor respectively. Which seems to work with my workflow. I use cue 1 as the intro loop. Everything seemed stable besides these obvious bugs. Unfortunately I didn’t reboot and try everything again. Hopefully tomorrow when I play the bugs are gone but at least the version is stable. What’s nice is you now get a tenths reading on your BPM, if you use it, and it is switchable between 6,10,Wide Etc. Also you can change the time to see track playing time or remaining time. That’s all I saw so far. Why did it take so long for them to do this? Any one else have experience using it with CDJs yet?
Some talk of HID/CDJ integration over in this thread Advanced H.I.D CDJ 900/2000 Traktor
Alt F4 is not working anymore!!
Ooh, being quite the tagging nazi and on flacs this might lure me into the 2.5+ branch…
I have logged into the service centre and don’t see any updates available. It also tells me my software is up to date.
I recently installed my second license on this computer, I use another computer for gigs and haven’t upgraded to 2.5 yet on that machine until everything is worked out, in case that makes any difference.
The update is available on my other computer, weird.
A difference i notice, when i click overview, traktor scratch pro 2, and look at the drop down menu.
My main computer (Running 2.1.2) and has the update, under the version section it lists the version and has a location.
On my secondary computer (running 2.5) and no update available, under the version is says in red “! no stand-alone application found”
Both computers are 2009 MB
Any info on this would be much appreciated as I’d like to keep testing 2.5.x until it seems stable enough on my second computer.
[QUOTE]KEY FEATURES:
Pioneer CDJ Advanced HID display integration
Browser (CDJ 900 / 2000)
Cover Art (CDJ 2000)
Stripe (CDJ 2000)
Cue Points (CDJ 900 / 2000)
…
Implemented CDJ Mode[/QUOTE]
Woahhhhh! If I’m understandign this right, this sounds huge.
Has anyone tried this stuff out?
I assume there’s a firmware update for the 900 and 2000 that goes with this?
Does traktor actually send brand new, deck-specific visual feedback to the screen on the 2000/900?
Does it send a waveform? what about loop, cue point and grid info?
Does it send browser fields, and auto-map to navigate and load?
Is there any way someone loves us enough to do a demo video of this stuff?
I’ve been waiting for this stuff this since I first saw the screen of the 2000. This could mean performing with a closed laptop.
Not seeing an update. Logged in.
EDIT Never mind, got it.
Cannot proceed with this update, because the application cannot be found in the stored installation directory.
If you have manually renamed or moved the application, move it back to its original location, then start this update installer again. Alternatively, use the original full installer to reinstall before using this update installer.
any help?
don’t work in 2.5 either… so ![]()
Browser search is still as fast as a turtle on Valium for decent sized collection (or at least says >40K) …that sucks…
CPU meter still goes like crazy on some machine, while not on other. Weird… don’t feel safe at all…
Or, does anyone speak Portuguese (I think) well enough to watch this and answer those questions?
It seems like most of the are a yes… Which is awesome. Although why it can’t have traktor-style colored stereo waveforms is beyond me…
2.5.1 fixed my CPU issue. ![]()
And the icon is not showing. Do anybod had the same issue?
The same thing just happened to me. Save your playlists guys before you switch to 2.5.1.